Manifestation: Is it real?

grayson

I have heard from people who would rather be anonymous that manifestation is scientifically proven. Is this true? I have no idea. Then my existential crisis kicks in. I would think that everybody sees, and tastes, and has all of their senses different. So, then what color is an apple really? Well, it has no color. It is just photons which don't have a true color. But is the universe real? I don't know, so all I would say is that your brain is the universe. As there is no "true" universe so it makes random crap to make it make sense. We don't know if we are a brain in a jar, making up consciousness so everything can make sense. Therefore, your conscious mind must control something in the universe.

Me after realizing I just posted complete pseudoscience:

1 hour ago, grayson said:

So, then what color is an apple really? Well, it has no color. It is just photons which don't have a true color.

But they have an energy level which corresponds to wavelength.  Red would be around 660 nm.  Our retina pigments and receptors and optic pathways interpret that wavelength as red.  Healthy eyes do this in a consistent way so that ripe apples (that aren't Granny Smith or Golden Delicious varietals) appear red as they reflect light in that wavelength range to our eyes.   So, while color is not intrinsic to the surface of an apple, it is real in the sense that our eyes and brain interpret specific wavelengths in a specific and consistent way.  So it is not "random" as you were speculating.  And my little story of "red" can be applied to a similar understanding of all sense perceptions that have a consistent correspondence to the physical events around us.

Edited by TheVat

• 3 weeks later...

According to me yes, manifestation is real. It is the process of transforming one's thoughts and desires into reality through the use of creative visualization, positive affirmations, and an intentional focus on a desired outcome. When practiced diligently, manifesting can help people to consciously create their desired reality.