Work in progress; Can we study Tides to detect Gravitons

HawkII

6 hours ago, HawkII said:

We use the Tide somehow.

Each H2,O gets more Gravitons given to them by the Moon temporarily

I require assistance

There is no evidence so far that gravitons even exist. They are just a conjecture at this stage, suffering from problems with the mathematics. From what I understand, detecting gravitons  - if the maths is ever sorted out - is expected to be a practical impossibility, requiring enormous, planetary or stellar masses. To date, gravitons are not part of any physical theory, since we have no theory of quantum gravity. The whole idea may turn out to be misguided.

Put another way, LIGO detects gravitational waves, which would involve a large number of gravitons, by detecting a separation of mirrors that changes by ~1/1000 the width of a proton. You wouldn’t expect to detect this with tides, much less the effect of a single graviton

MJ kihara.

Massive graviton decays to massless spin 2 spacetime particles which are 'virtual', that form gravitational waves as they move at the speed of light causing disturbances in spacetime fabric and forming it.

You don't get graviton in gravitation waves nor do you get it in tides...tides are good example to study effect of gravitation.

Want to detect graviton go to super massive bodies e.g blackholes,neutrons stars or produce microblackoles.

I think there is confusion between gravitons and spacetime particles that majority here will say don't exist.

1. Observed by no one
  2. They say Gravitational waves are made up of Gravitons
    Scientific America. One more way to find out whether gravity is quantum is to look directly for quantum fluctuations in gravitational waves, which are thought to be made up of gravitons that were generated shortly after the big bang.14 Aug 2018
  3. Tides are ideal for studying Gravitons. (Much closer to Home)
  4. You believe people are confused with something that most people don't know that you believe in

MJ Kihara. I am also a Crank

“Every particle of matter in the universe attracts every other particle with a force that is directly proportional to the product of the masses of the particles and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.”

By watching apples fall from trees and understanding Earth’s influence on the moon, Newton concluded that apples and the moon were influenced by the same force, which he named gravity, from the Latin word gravitas, meaning “heaviness or weight.” He also wrote the following equation that puts the law stated above into symbols:

FG = G x [(m1m2)/(r2)]

Where:

• FG is the force of gravity (generally listed in the unit newton (N) where 1 N equals 1 kilogram (kg) times 1 meter (m) divided by the seconds (s) squared or, as symbols, 1 N = 1 kg×m×s-2)
  • G is the gravitational constant and is equal to 6.674 x 10-11 N×m2×kg-2
  • m1 and m2 are the masses of the 2 objects (in kg)
  • r is the straight-line distance between the 2 objects (in m)

New Scientist

When something falls under gravity, its atoms must exchange gravitons – assuming they exist – with atoms in the Earth. These exchanged  gravitons would be conjured up from the quantum vacuum, but they would exist for such a short time that they would be impossible to detect.

Every single of the Three atoms in the H2,O Molecules must be exchanging more Gravitons than usual on Lunar days

24 hours and 50 minutes

Coastal areas experience two low tides and two high tides every lunar day, or 24 hours and 50 minutes. The two tidal bulges caused by inertia and gravity will rotate around the Earth as the moons position changes.

For more people wanting to pitch in on how to achieve finding a way to find Gravitons

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2016/04/13/how-well-finally-wind-up-testing-quantum-gravity/?sh=6fff3015529e

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2020/11/20/ask-ethan-can-we-find-out-if-gravitons-exist/?sh=5bfb19ab1c85

Edited by HawkII

43 minutes ago, swansont said:

What is your model?

Great time to ask. I just had some inspiration an hour ago. So thankfully I have a semblance of an idea.

I believe the Gravitons will be transmitted from Moon to Tide across the Air. So my model so far is to have some sort of Drone above the Tide doing something or other.

15 hours ago, exchemist said:

There is no evidence so far that gravitons even exist. They are just a conjecture at this stage, suffering from problems with the mathematics. From what I understand, detecting gravitons  - if the maths is ever sorted out - is expected to be a practical impossibility, requiring enormous, planetary or stellar masses. To date, gravitons are not part of any physical theory, since we have no theory of quantum gravity. The whole idea may turn out to be misguided.

I've got it!

Gravity gives Mass Weight

On the Drone you Put a monitored vial of Heavy Water

D2O

Heavy water is water that contains heavy hydrogen - also known as deuterium - in place of regular hydrogen. It can also be written as 2H2O or D2O.

One cubic centimetre of heavy water weighs about 10 per cent more, that is, 1.1 grams. The molecule of heavy water is composed of hydrogen and oxygen, in the same proportion as that of ordinary water; two hydrogen atoms being united with one oxygen atom.

This Heavy Water inside this vial on top of the Drone will STEAL the Moon's Gravitons. When the STOLEN Gravitons are taken back by the Moon.  Measuring devices on Board will measure the surge of transmittence from the thief liquid

Edited by HawkII

53 minutes ago, HawkII said:

Great time to ask. I just had some inspiration an hour ago. So thankfully I have a semblance of an idea.

I believe the Gravitons will be transmitted from Moon to Tide across the Air. So my model so far is to have some sort of Drone above the Tide doing something or other.

I was referring to a mathematical model - a way to make quantitative predictions 

54 minutes ago, HawkII said:

This Heavy Water inside this vial on top of the Drone will STEAL the Moon's Gravitons. When the STOLEN Gravitons are taken back by the Moon.  Measuring devices on Board will measure the surge of transmittence from the thief liquid

Classically, there is no way to shield gravity. This implies you think there is. 

37 minutes ago, swansont said:

I was referring to a mathematical model - a way to make quantitative predictions 

Classically, there is no way to shield gravity. This implies you think there is. 

No mathematical model, yet.

No need to shield Gravity, the D2O will steal as long as Tide is rising. When the Tide goes, all the Gravitons will pass through the vial.

I understand people will think of me using Buzz words but I just had an idea for the Vial

Maybe the Vial can be coated all around in a Sheet of Graphene. One Atom thick coating, highly tuned for detection. Then sending the signals to a machine on Board the Drone.

Edited by HawkII

49 minutes ago, HawkII said:

No need to shield Gravity, the D2O will steal as long as Tide is rising. When the Tide goes, all the Gravitons will pass through the vial.

“stealing” gravitons sounds like a reduction in gravity. That’s shielding.

Without a model, there is no discussion that is allowable in speculations. This isn’t the WAG forum.