Looking for documentaries on competition for mates in animals

Is anyone aware of any documentaries about competition for mates in animals? Specifically, I'm interested in the male side of the competition. So anything that deals with males competing from females, whether that's displays or this or that or battle.

On 7/8/2023 at 2:13 PM, Alfred001 said:

Specifically, I'm interested in the male side of the competition.

Why focus on only the male side? Why not study how various species compete for mates without skewing the results with bias? What kind of argument are you trying to make based on this cherry-picked data? 

I don't know why you're asking. It's like looking for documentaries on animals eating. Competition for mates occurs in nearly all animal documentaries, to a greater or lesser extent. And plants compete too, usually in a more subtle indirect way. And there is endless variety, so really, it's knowing where to start.

If you're looking for the spectacular, then I would pick the pride system of Lions, and the fighting to take over a pride. That's been done too many times to name one, but it should be easy to find plenty of examples.

Gorillas are another animal I would look at. In general, if it involves males fighting and the winner taking on a harem, then you will find that males are often much bigger than females. As in Gorillas and Lions, and Sea Lions. Where the females are on a par with males size-wise, it suggests more choosing or even dominance by females. As in Spotted Hyenas.