Create the Cosmos!

The Peon

I hope I am placing this in the right forum... :confused:

I always try to imagine worlds where life springs up, and try to imagine how it would have evolved. I wanted to hear what others came up with as well.

I am not sure if this has been published anywhere, but im gonna go ahead and put forward this idea I came up with to start it off..

Imagine a world where the micro-organisms used only symbiotic competition to evolve , instead of the earthly mix of symbiosis, parasitic, and outright murderous forms of competition (I call this the "cain and abel" gene). These life forms all work together. You may use your imagination to invision what they would look like, but I prefer to imagine them as "blobs" of gel like fluid, containing the living cells. These blobs form an "ocean" of organisms which all have specific functions that would allow the whole lot of them to survive. Kinda wierd, but im sure some of you have even wierder ideas! Lets hear em. :D

Well Carl Sagan did a good job at doing this in the book "Cosmos".

I have not read this book yet. I guess I will give it a go, but I am sure it cant contain original ideas some might have come up with here. Oh well seemed like a good idea at the time. Thanks for the book suggestion.

i think there is a game in development where you create your own species and evolve them in different ways going from 1 cell to a civilization. then create a space ship to go see other people's planets and creatures. i don't remember what its called but it sounds interesting. :)