hijack from Inability to visualize images awake in the stone age

Not sure why Zapatos wisecrack stays, but mine was just deleted (though it's partially preserved in exchemist's reply).  I am not the one posting under two forum names or trolling on their unsupported assertions and apparent psychic knowledge of stone age peoples cognition.  If mods are going to start disappearing people's posts, I think that's going to chill discussion here.  

I see your point on topic relevance, but would suggest the relevance lies in asking why have a thread that duplicates all the back and forth on cavemen, invisible images, etc.  More of a "meta" relevance. Especially when served up by what is obviously the same person after they encountered critical headwinds in their first thread.   I would have been agreeable to a request to edit the sockpuppet portion of the post out, but your acceptance of Zapatos mockery while deleting mine struck me as a little inconsistent.

None of this is of burning importance, but I thought you deserved a reply.

25 minutes ago, TheVat said:

Especially when served up by what is obviously the same person after they encountered critical headwinds in their first thread.

For sockpuppetry, we usually use technical evidence like IP address matchups rather than obvious criteria such as focus on a particularly odd argument. Banning a sock means banning future accounts as well in many cases, so we want to make sure we get it right the first time.

4 hours ago, TheVat said:

I see your point on topic relevance, but would suggest the relevance lies in asking why have a thread that duplicates all the back and forth on cavemen, invisible images, etc.  More of a "meta" relevance. Especially when served up by what is obviously the same person after they encountered critical headwinds in their first thread.   I would have been agreeable to a request to edit the sockpuppet portion of the post out, but your acceptance of Zapatos mockery while deleting mine struck me as a little inconsistent.

None of this is of burning importance, but I thought you deserved a reply.

Your post was hidden because of the sockpuppet reference. Had it just been a throwaway amusing comment, I would have left it alone. The difference being that a sockpuppet (or troll) accusation is directed at a person, and much more likely to elicit a response, which derails the thread.

As Phi notes, we need more than posting on the same topic. We’ve had situations where multiple students from a university class posted on a topic. This isn’t unprecedented.