Dark matter found?

tmdarkmatter

On 11/15/2022 at 8:28 PM, tmdarkmatter said:

Therefore, I am supposing that most light contained within our own solar system does not come from the sun itself, but from all these other stars and galaxies.

How does a solar system "contain" light?
Where is this light?
How does the solar system "collect"/"store"/"hide" lots of light from distant stars?
Why is not the light from sun also "contained" in massive amounts?
Why is the night sky black instead of full of these "contained" photons?
What novel physical mechanisms do you propose? 

(There are many inconsistencies in your arguments, I can't adress all of them; I use the above as one isolated example.)

21 hours ago, Phi for All said:

No offense, but opinion isn't what we discuss in Speculations. You've been given the tools to find some evidential support for your idea, which is what we're really interested in. Please do some analysis and see if that helps to support what you're proposing, and elevate that opinion to actual evidence.

Hi, thank you for even considering that it might even be possible to support what I am proposing. Maybe, I would need still a couple of years to further elaborate my ideas. So far, they are only speculations. But I wanted to show the world at least my speculations.

Hi Ghideon, thank you for your interest.

The answers are as follows:

How does a solar system "contain" light?

As light moves at the speed of light and we consider that the solar system has a radius of about 2-3 light years according to the distance of neighbor stars, we can say that the solar systems contains about 2-3 light years (average maybe 3 light years) of light coming from all light emitting objects surrounding us (not only the sun).

Where is this light?

The problem is that you can only see light one moment at once, so you actually only "see" the photons directly arriving at your eyes, but you cannot see the three years of light passing through our solar system. But even if you watch the sky for three years, you would only see the light coming directly towards the point where you are standing, and this would still be a highly negligible part of all the light travelling through our solar system. (Just imagine how much light would arrive at the earth comparing it to the amount of light passing by).

How does the solar system "collect"/"store"/"hide" lots of light from distant stars?

If we can see the stars that means that their light has already travelled through our solar system and that there is much more light on its way or much more light that has already passed by, unless the stars suddenly disappear.

Why is not the light from sun also "contained" in massive amounts?

The light of the sun is also contained in our solar system, but it is only a very tiny part of the total light contained in the solar system. If you stand at an average distance to our sun within the sphere of our solar system (lets say 2 light years), the sun would only be a tiny dot surrounded by billions of other tiny dots.

Why is the night sky black instead of full of these "contained" photons?

First of all, the atmosphere is hindering us from seeing most objects at the sky. Second, as I previously said, you can only see the light one moment at once.

What novel physical mechanisms do you propose? 

I propose that we might be considering the mass of light negligible, when it can actually be the best candidate to explain the effect of "dark matter", because it is everywhere, it is transparent, it does not accumulate to form complex structures, it does not interact considerably with the surrounding mass (otherwise we would not see the light coming from distant galaxies) and it has a very low mass that is very difficult to measure (exactly what we are looking for). If the density of dark matter was for example similiar to air, the universe would be billions of times too heavy and would crush us.

It is interesting to think that in order to "see" all the light arriving at our solar systems, we would have to fill our entire solar system with an almost infinite amount of all-surround sensors. If we install one sensor per meter, we would need millions of times more sensors than the cells contained in the entire biomass of our planet.

Your idea was considered and rejected. There’s no way for the energy of the light to exceed the mass energy of the source that emitted it, and that energy is actually a small fraction of the mass energy. Light would not form a halo as is required if dark matter.

Repeating your vague claims doesn’t change this.

!

Moderator Note

Since you’ve not offered up any analysis, which required, and there’s no point in re-hashing any of this, we’re done. Don’t re-introduce this without a thorough mathematical treatment