Aether and Michelson-Morley Experiment

tylers100

At earlier time I was reading the following website with an article titled, "Aether Definition in Alchemy and Science":

link - https://www.thoughtco.com/aether-in-alchemy-and-science-604750

Negative findings:

"The negative results were published in the same year and followed up with experiments of increased sensitivity."
*from the link above*

Case closed. Right? Yet, the law of causality remains.

Causality Law

I still have a reasoning or notion of that; the space-time continuum with causality law "ensures" things to happen in "correct" manner regardless. For ensuring to happen, that would surely require a connection or medium of between all things in it?

If otherwise, wouldn't that violate causality law?

Space-time Continuum

To clarify, I think of medium as "3d matrix lattice" surrounds and through all things in universe, a fabric of existence. I think it doesn't necessarily influence any things except acts as "invisible" connection between/surround/through things, that tells things (e.g. matter, energy) how to move or happen (i.e. causality law). Maybe what I said thus so far, says medium is the space-time itself? If so, then that could be why medium or aether couldn't be detected (because it is the spacetime itself filled with things) except inferred to exist in some way or level?

Flexible and Transparent Cube Analogy

a. Space-time: Imagine there is a cube with an index of refraction of 1 - it is transparent without distortion, has a hollow or empty space inside, and a drilled hole on one of its side into the said hollow inside. Non-reflective. And no dirt or anything on it. It would be difficult to be distinguished from surroundings with except of seeing edges or feeling its surface which can be detectable.

b. Things in Space-Time: Fill the cube with a dye colour (e.g. say, red) in water via the drilled hole. Then the drilled hole is sealed.

c. Things in Space-Time are detected but "not space-time itself": Now the cube can be easily distinguished from surroundings because of its colourized water, except the cube itself which may be a bit difficult to detect at first.

The point of this analogy section is, why it could be difficult to determine and detect whether if there is a medium or aether or even id space-time itself on physical level because things are in and move through it.

Re-stating Premise

All of what said by myself so far on this thread/post is based on the law of causality reasoning or notion.

Awareness

I'm a bit aware that I may be a bit confused with terminology of words (conflating / interchange of the following words; aether, medium, spacetime, fabric of existence) but bear with me, I'm still learning.