Misinformation about severe depression (split from Are there any treatments for severe depression which do not involve medication?)

Ned

On 6/12/2022 at 9:53 PM, iNow said:

I’ve been hearing a lot lately about strategic use of ketamine with seriously good results, but that’s clearly pharmaceutical. 

Similar positive results are being had with psilocybin (of the magic mushrooms variety) under guided conditions. 

All the energy for depression that’s otherwise resistant to standard treatment, however, appears to be with ketamine according to my various neuroscience feeds. 

The human neurological reference frame (the mind) endures circumstances and these circumstances are what causes the most common depression , namely neurological circumstance depression !  Although pharmaceuticals or ''mild'' drugs can temporary help us forget we are depressed , they will  never be a cure . 

The only way to illiinate neurological circumstance depression is to change the circumstance . However , some circumstances can't be changed ! 

Death of loved ones for example is something that can't be changed . 

Edited by Ned

10 hours ago, Ned said:

the most common depression , namely neurological circumstance depression !

!

Moderator Note

Our rules state that speculative ideas can only be addressed in their own thread in Speculations. You are NOT free to make up medical terms and post them in a mainstream science section. You seriously need to do better.

1 hour ago, Phi for All said:
!

Moderator Note

Our rules state that speculative ideas can only be addressed in their own thread in Speculations. You are NOT free to make up medical terms and post them in a mainstream science section. You seriously need to do better.

Sorry , I thought it was a medical term. I guess I invented the term then ! 

2 hours ago, Ned said:

Sorry , I thought it was a medical term. I guess I invented the term then ! 

!

Moderator Note

And you also invented that it's the most common form of depression, which is also known as lying, bad-faith arguments, and spreading misinformation. It's against our rules, and most people's ethics.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.