Beta Testers Wanted

Cap'n Refsmmat

I've finally finished all of the key frontend features of scWiki so I'd like do let everybody who wants to to beta test it. A demo can be found here. (don't download it since there is no installer)

So far the biggest thing it lacks is a complete admin panel (although it's better than MediaWiki, which has none at all) and that's what I'll work on for the next week or two, along with any bugs that pop up.

I'll also take suggestions on styling and what I should do to make it look snazzier. The current style is a bit boring.

If you're an expert PHP coder, check out the CVS and look through the code to see if there are any security problems or anything. If you get one of those, do not post it publicly. PM me quickly, with details, and a suggested fix.

Thank you for helping.

You could add a spot to the admin panel to add a custom style sheet link. You could also add a style sheet control to the admin panel.

If I had time, I'd help you. Maybe next weekend. I'd be willing to look for vulnerabilities, but the time it would take for me to find any would be greatly reduced if I had the source code (the PHP I mean). I wouldn't call myself an expert coder or anything, I just like challenges, and know a bit about various important PHP exploits.

[Edit: wait, is that the download link on sourceforge? If it is, let me know - it's late and I can't think... Not that I would have picked up on that normally, but you get the idea. [Edit edit:what do you mean, it doesn't have an installer? Isn't it just some php files and a db file? Does that need an installer?]]

If you go to the sourceforge page and click Browse CVS you can also view the code for individual pages.

The download link on SF is the version from when I started the project. In other words, it's crap.

About the installer: I wanted to make a file that would automatically fill in config.php, you see, but I'm worthless if you want me to do manual file open/closing.

Thanks for your offer to help!