My theory doesn't fit with any existing paradigms. It's logically consistent and falsifiable. Yet it gets ignored.

Bernhard Mueller

A few months ago, I developed a strong computational metaphysical theory that explains the Universe in terms of computation. It integrates Wolfram's computational Physics with Dawkins' memes, some established theories of mind, the simulation hypothesis, Gödel's incompleteness theorem and Turing's halting problem, into a consistent framework that describes all of Nature. The theory matches our observations perfectly, makes several predictions, and is falsifiable. However, there appear to be several problems with it:

• It's just a Medium post, not an article in a peer-reviewed journal;
  • It predicts that many of our current paradigms are wrong; E.g. we should not build larger Particle accelerators, try to reverse engineer the brain or venture into outer space;
  • It invalidates all organized religions, while also proposing something that could be interpreted as "intelligent creation", pissing of scientists and atheists (which is ironic, given that I'm an atheist myself);
  • It simply does not fit into any single category, so it's incredibly hard to share it anywhere without being modded (even /r/Philosophy deletes every threat about it).

I suspect that after reading this, most of you have written me off as a crank. In fact, you cannot imagine how much insult and derision I've had to endure trying to post this theory on the Internet. But I still firmly stand behind it. I did receive some actual valuable critiques and have found a circle of people that I can debate the theory with; It's just that the subset of people who are open for the theory appears to be very small.

I am posting this here in the hope that I will find some more open-minded, intelligent people who want to engage in a serious discussion. Please note that I won't return to this forum to read responses (I suffered a mental breakdown after the initial weeks of trying to discuss the theory on open forums), but I will respond to any serious criticism posted in response to my Medium article.

Attaching a PDF version here, you can find the online version on my Medium (Bernhard Mueller), I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link here. Thanks to anybody who puts in the time to read it with an open mind :)

The Selfish Meme: A Simulation Theory of Everything | Medium.pdf

Contrast this statement

It's logically consistent

With this one

Please note that I won't return to this forum to read responses (I suffered a mental breakdown after the initial weeks of trying to discuss the theory on open forums), but I will respond to any serious criticism posted in response to my Medium article.

If you don't/can't read responses how are you going to be able to respond (anywhere) to them  ?

1 hour ago, studiot said:

Contrast this statement

With this one

If you don't/can't read responses how are you going to be able to respond (anywhere) to them  ?

If our poster is being consistent, he or she won't even see your response! 

(I'd have thought that posting on a discussion forum, with the express intent of not reading or reacting to responses, defeats the goal of the forum and should probably be  treated as spamming. But perhaps I'm being harsh.) 

!

Moderator Note

Our rules require that discussion take place here. Since the OP has declared this to not be the case, this is locked.

23 minutes ago, exchemist said:

(I'd have thought that posting on a discussion forum, with the express intent of not reading or reacting to responses, defeats the goal of the forum and should probably be  treated as spamming. But perhaps I'm being harsh.) 

Not at all, IMO.