Speculation: Envision of Future Travel Technologies

tylers100

On 11/7/2022 at 3:50 PM, swansont said:

The drawing isn’t the shortcoming here. You haven’t presented anything that meets the level of rigor we need.

I would like your scientific opinion on the following below:

Portal

Seems the portal seems to be *shrugs* far-fetched too. Although seems to be safer than rest of scientific modes of transportation such as vehicles, ships, rockets, fictitious space drives/engines, teleportation, stargate etc - reason: connecting two physical locations instantly and allows body or matter to move / pass through freely. Although... if portal was to switched off by a remote device or control while body / matter is at middle of transition.. well, cleanup on either sides.. maybe take precaution and safety for all of that.

Still, it makes logical sense to go for the portal technology innovation as its benefits or pros outweigh cons. Because it would minimize the hazard of general travel and reduce / eliminate pollution and cost of travel for everyone.

Initially, it would take a manual travel to a 2nd location to setup a 2nd portal device in order for 1st portal device to connect to it and start portalling. Example would be send up a robot to setup a 2nd portal device on Mars in order to allow astronauts pass through.

Isn't this our interaction on this website, internet, television, telephone, etc in part of "portal" definition broadly speaking so? The next step up would be matter level (object or human) passing through two locations.

A challenge is how to connect two coordinate xyzt locations, enable a portal between both, and finally allow matter level such as apple object or human to pass freely through safely. Remember, we already have a network of internet, computer devices, etc enabling informational communication between - a part of portal definition, broadly speaking.

57 minutes ago, tylers100 said:

I would like your scientific opinion on the following below:

Portal

Seems the portal seems to be *shrugs* far-fetched too.

It’s far-fetched in that there is no scientific basis provided for it.

57 minutes ago, tylers100 said:

Although seems to be safer than rest of scientific modes of transportation such as vehicles, ships, rockets, fictitious space drives/engines, teleportation, stargate etc - reason: connecting two physical locations instantly and allows body or matter to move / pass through freely. Although... if portal was to switched off by a remote device or control while body / matter is at middle of transition.. well, cleanup on either sides.. maybe take precaution and safety for all of that.

Since there is no physical basis for the portal, I don’t see how you can say it’s safer. 

You are proposing a comparison to fictitious systems. Do you understand that this is not science?

9 hours ago, swansont said:

It’s far-fetched in that there is no scientific basis provided for it.

Since there is no physical basis for the portal, I don’t see how you can say it’s safer. 

You are proposing a comparison to fictitious systems. Do you understand that this is not science?

I understand. Thank you and others for discussing.