The Naked Ape, by Desmond Morris

I just finished this book that my Grandpappy gave me called The Naked Ape, which was written by Desmond Morris. Holy moly! :eek: I am fiending like a drug addict for an updated book of this sort, since it was written in the 60s. Does anyone know of a good book of this sort that you could recommend?

By the way, if you have not read this book yet, please do. It made me a much more content person about who I am and why I feel certain things. :cool:

I was not sure where to post this, and since it delt with human evolution in many respects, I started the thread here. Sorry if I chose the wrong forum.

You chose the right forum. I haven't yet read this book (right now I am reading "The Beak of the Finch" for biology class), but maybe I will get it out. If you are interested in bioanthropology as I am, find a textbook in the library, or even better, if you are in college take the class. I had a great time in it.

You chose the right forum. I haven't yet read this book (right now I am reading "The Beak of the Finch" for biology class), but maybe I will get it out. If you are interested in bioanthropology as I am, find a textbook in the library, or even better, if you are in college take the class. I had a great time in it.

Well I have not actually attended college yet, so the Naked Ape was well written for the layman.. But I will definately look for a good book in that field. Humanity is a fascinating subject. :D

The Beak of the Finch already mentioned, is good (Jonathan Weiner), though not directly about humans.

The Third Chimpanzee by Jared Diamond would be more on-topic

and if you like those, you would probably like Why We Get Sick by Nesse and Williams

• 2 weeks later...