Are Indian immigrants bad for America? Melting pot vs caste system?

Adelbert_Einstein

In India, you are either rich or poor, either ugly or beautiful, either good or evil. 

In USA, you can be all the above. 

In India, there is segregation between castes/classes. For the very reason that Patel is poor and Rajiv is rich, Patel and Rajiv simply cannot mix. They cannot be allowed in the same playpen. If they are, then Poor Patel will steal from Rich Rajiv. In USA, both Tom and Harry are equally well off. Neither is extravagantly rich, nor poor. But they can mix. They can be friends. 

Rich Rajiv migrates to USA, and is forced to be friends with middle class Harry. He doesnt like it. Every instinct in Rich Rajiv bays 'no!' 

Rich Richard, the American, dislikes Rich Rajiv the Indian, for the very reason that he thinks in terms of caste and not equality. 

Rich Richard: Hey, Rajiv! Why must you be the way you are? Why cant you be accepting of people? 

Rajiv: Because in India, I was brought up to believe that anybody outside my specific status, are evil! 

Rich Richard: Well then, I cannot accept you as human! Begone!

The above dialogue gave way to racial slurs. the 7/11 worker, the cab driver. 

Rich Rajiv got madder and madder.

In extreme cases, Rich Rajiv got so despondent that he formed ties with Villanous Wakeem, the Afghan. 

And then came 9/11.

Speculation, no doubt but....the logic is undeniable.

Indian immigrants in USA are definitely a stumbling block because of caste system vs melting pot.

Edited by Adelbert_Einstein

25 minutes ago, Adelbert_Einstein said:

In USA, both Tom and Harry are equally well off.

Have you ever been in the USA?

26 minutes ago, Adelbert_Einstein said:

If there were any logic, it could be refuted. Since there is none, your whole thesis can be dismissed.

28 minutes ago, Adelbert_Einstein said:

I do not think that word means what you think it means. 

Your conclusion is based on stereotypes and has no place here. 

Just now, Peterkin said:

Have you ever been in the USA?

If there were any logic, it could be refuted. Since there is none, your whole thesis can be dismissed.

Have I been in the USA? No, I only mention that by way of illustration: the caste system vs the melting pot.

Equality vs inequality. Segregation vs blending. The root culture of India vs that of America. And the effect same has on the individual citizen's mentality. Case in point, the Indian immigrant in America. The denizen of the caste system's inability to survive the melting pot. 

The logic, explained in a nutshell. ^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 minute ago, iNow said:

I do not think that word means what you think it means. 

Your conclusion is based on stereotypes and has no place here. 

stereotypes, my eye. 

The caste system is a definite ideology, and so is the melting pot. My whole article is based on that premise. 

Just now, Peterkin said:

The ignorance explained in a nut shell.

To call my post ignorant, you must contend that neither the caste system or the melting pot are real, and that therefore, naturally, Indians do not have trouble surviving the melting pot. 

so is the caste system real? is the melting pot real? You say what?

One can accept that simplistic descriptors like melting pot have a useful place in discussion and that the caste system in India drives many social dynamics, but it’s nonsequitur to jump from that into a gross and seemingly biased generalization that Indian immigrants are bad for America. 

37 minutes ago, Adelbert_Einstein said:

To call my post ignorant,

It wasn't your post I called ignorant.

38 minutes ago, Adelbert_Einstein said:

Indians do not have trouble surviving the melting pot. 

Correct.

39 minutes ago, Adelbert_Einstein said:

so is the caste system real?

Of course it is - everywhere.

40 minutes ago, Adelbert_Einstein said:

is the melting pot real?

No. But assimilation of members of small a minority population into the majority populations does tend to take place over time. However, if there is a large immigrant population of a different culture, they tend to remain longer in distinct ethnic communities. This adds colour and texture, sound and flavour to an otherwise bland culture. To some extent, the dominant culture changes; to some extent, the immigrant community changes; second and third generation offspring leave the community and assimilate into the greater heterogeneous polity, while fresh waves of immigrants refresh the exotic character of the immigrant community.

!

Moderator Note

Rule 2.1 says: 

• Slurs or prejudice against any group of people (or person) are prohibited.

Nobody is interested in your bigotry, and your posts are aimed more at controversy and prejudice than discussion. If this is your A game, please take it elsewhere. This is a science discussion forum.