TRIZ

Genady

1 hour ago, Arthur Smith said:

Here is a link to a talk by Bill Dembski  given back in 2002 in which he talks hopefully of TRIZ being an avenue of research for "Intelligent Design" scientists. Pretty sure nothing ever came of that.

What a bunch of baloney. Reminded me of my argument with a chemistry teacher back in high school. She was "showing" us, as was required by the official propaganda, that the periodic table of elements is an evidence for the "law of transformation of quantity into quality", one of the "laws" of dialectical materialism. That argument got me in a big trouble, escalated to the school principal ... :)

Edited by Genady

If you want TRIZ without dialectics, I recommend: Gadd, Triz for Engeneers. And if you can read in Spanish and are interested in Philosophy, TRIZ como ars inveniendi, la ciencia de la creatividad desde Leibniz hasta Altshuller (https://books.google.es/books/about/TRIZ_como_ars_inveniendi.html?id=Mt4_EAAAQBAJ&redir_esc=y), It's mine 😉. Best regards.

12 minutes ago, MLuna said:

If you want TRIZ without dialectics, I recommend: Gadd, Triz for Engeneers. And if you can read in Spanish and are interested in Philosophy, TRIZ como ars inveniendi, la ciencia de la creatividad desde Leibniz hasta Altshuller (https://books.google.es/books/about/TRIZ_como_ars_inveniendi.html?id=Mt4_EAAAQBAJ&redir_esc=y), It's mine 😉. Best regards.

Very interesting! No, unfortunately I don't read Spanish. And (not so unfortunately) I am not interested in philosophy. However, if I may ask, when / where / how did you study TRIZ?

The description of your book says among other things (translated to English by Google), "In it there is a broad panorama of Altshuller's work, its content and its intentions". I happened to have an intimated knowledge of these, because I've learned TRIZ directly from Altshuller in 1970-72, and was directly involved in TRIZ development and teaching in the Altshuller's lab, part time, in 1972-79. In addition, I knew Altshuller personally even before all that, because he was a colleague and a friend of my father.      

21 hours ago, MLuna said:

If you want TRIZ without dialectics, I recommend: Gadd, Triz for Engeneers. And if you can read in Spanish and are interested in Philosophy, TRIZ como ars inveniendi, la ciencia de la creatividad desde Leibniz hasta Altshuller (LINK HERE), It's mine 😉. Best regards.

Was the purpose of this post to advertise the book?

There was a science fiction story I read a long time ago, where the alien overlords of Earth were called the Triz.
The human resistance consisted of telekinetics who could open wormholes from the Sun to the Earth, or even stop time.

It was written IIRC,by an author of Russian origin, who liked to dabble with early computer projects ( even published in Popular Computing magazine ) but I cannot recall his name.

Whenever I attempt a web search for this novel, I keep getting links for this TRIZ researchmethod.

22 minutes ago, MigL said:

There was a science fiction story I read a long time ago, where the alien overlords of Earth were called the Triz.
The human resistance consisted of telekinetics who could open wormholes from the Sun to the Earth, or even stop time.

It was written IIRC,by an author of Russian origin, who liked to dabble with early computer projects ( even published in Popular Computing magazine ) but I cannot recall his name.

Whenever I attempt a web search for this novel, I keep getting links for this TRIZ researchmethod.

Altshuller, the author of TRIZ (the method), was a science fiction writer before he made himself busy with TRIZ 100%, some time in the sixtieth-seventies. He published his stories under the pseudonym, Altov.  But the story and the writer you remember are unrelated to him, I'm quite sure.