Creating the true HUMAN..

MrFoxington

Every race has a different setup than every other race of human. Different races have different resistances and weaknesses to disease. Every race has a different adaption to their environment. The cure for a disease to a person of one race might differ for another. My solution is this: mate caucasion, african, asian, indonesian, etc etc, until you have one race, develope that race. Develope medicine around that race, solve everyone elses problems! Sorry if this has a few holes in it but just something off the top of my head. Any comments welcome.

If you breed all the ethnicities together who is to say that the resultant being would be optimal for it's environment? You would invariably over-write certain traits, that are crucial for one environment, with dominant traits from another. Adaptation, dare I say evolution, works fine on it's own. Why mess with it? I've not heard of cures to diseases differing for different ethnicities. Enlighten please!

Guest fleir

You forget that if races have certain streanghths, they are bound to have certain weaknesses. These traits would likeley be passed on as well.

Originally posted by Star-struck

I've not heard of cures to diseases differing for different ethnicities. Enlighten please!

There are cases treatments differing according to ethnicity. This is mainly due to ethnicity related differences in tolerance to certain chemical interventions. A commonly known example is the inability to metabolise alcohol which is prevalent in the Japanese population. There are also ethnic related differences in risk to certain diseases as well as propensity for genetic pathologies (e.g. sickle-cell anaemia in West African populations).

Originally posted by atinymonkey

Don't you have to infect each generation of your new race to test their resistances? Will they not object to that a little?

You can't make a eugenics omelette without breaking a few Human Rights treaties.

Aside of sickle-cell anemia, and the inability of Japanese to metabolize alcohol, there aren't enough of these instances to validate the need to breed a genetically superior human. Even if we breed the "perfect" human, who was resistant to all diseases, this human would only be resistant until diseases, say those caused by virus', mutated. Look at the flu virus, for instance, and how quickly it mutates. We can't even keep tabs on it from year to year.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Barbarian

It turns out, that after a long period of study, most population geneticists have concluded that there are no such things as biological human races. They are cultural constructs.

This is because they have found that there is more variation within "races" than there is between them.

So, even if you bred all races together, you wouldn't get a homogenous result. Which is good. Lack of genetic variation is a major cause of extinction.

• 3 months later...

no not possible at all.......not at least in 100 years(light)........

i dont think its possible to keep on extracting good traits and removing the bad ones,even if u r able to do that for one situation ,millons of others await u.

and yet u think if u could develop a race and find the final solution to them.....

individuals would vary.........

it means the amount of doses would still vary......

now dont propose " create a human and breed it so that all the diffrences are pointed out"

u r solution can only conerge it to a narrower beam but not convert it to a ray

• 1 year later...
It turns out' date=' that after a long period of study, most population geneticists have concluded that there are no such things as biological human races. They are cultural constructs.

This is because they have found that there is more variation within "races" than there is between them.

So, even if you bred all races together, you wouldn't get a homogenous result. Which is good. Lack of genetic variation is a major cause of extinction.[/quote']

I disagree with that... You are saying there is more variation among a population of pure European people then there is between a population of pure European people and pure African people? That can't be possible. For one, there are all the varying physical attributes. Then there are the variances in genetic code which deal with particular environments. Etc... I just don't see how your statements could be true. Please elaborate.

I disagree with that... You are saying there is more variation among a population of pure European people then there is between a population of pure European people and pure African people? That can't be possible. For one, there are all the varying physical attributes. Then there are the variances in genetic code which deal with particular environments. Etc... I just don't see how your statements could be true. Please elaborate.

I think that the book Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond deals with this issue, I haven't read it but have heard great reviews.

JaKiri, Galactus was an artist from a planet in a far away galaxy who through some dimensional tear or sumthin' was given monumental power, but was cursed to wander from galaxy to galaxy to feed on the life forces of every living planet.

And what about intermediary advantages? Supposing it was possible to breed a homologous race (which it isn't) you'd be limiting our potential. Darker skinned peoples are designed for intense sunlight, so if subjected to low light develop vitamin-D defficiencies. Light skinned people burn easily. So if everyone was one blended color (golden-tan to mocha I presume), normally pale people living in their native homes might develop problems from not getting enough D, whereas cases of melanoma in equatorial regions would probably shoot through the roof. And that's just a tiny example. I'm sure one of you guys has a major in anthropology. There must be a million things that would cause similar probs.