I've been having a problem...

You opened this thread with this request in your message one op.

"This is starting to scare me. I won't have time really to go see a doctor to see if it's something physical until tuesday or wednesday' date=' so I thought I might ask some of you and see if anyone might think of some possible explination for this happening to me."

Now you are giving thanks for "bringing me back to the light of the truth."

1. What light of truth, specifically, and who gave it?

2. How has this "truth," by "completing the process" solved the specific problems you were having, such as sleep and eating, et al?

3. Are these problems now solved, with you sleeping and eating normally?[/quote']

You specifically asked me... "Really? Did you mean "shudder?" I answered with an explanation so that you would understand why I shuddered.

1) Light of truth, as in not Genisis. Do discuss my beliefs on what this light is, this thread is not the place. PM me if you really want to know.

2) It hasn't. But your way didn't help much either. In fact, if you had read all of this thread, you'd realize that I said that I got a good nights sleep, AND that I had already seen a doctor (as I had a plan to see one tuesday/wednesday) and instead of making more suggestions, you might have asked, "is the problem solved now?" With the professional medical advice, (which by the way, only one person came close to hitting on... it was stress. Massive stress.) I have managed to solve most of the problem. The eating was something else.

3)Why, yes they are, thank you for asking.

Anyway, back to stress reduction...

hm you say your under stress, are you feeling depressed lately? I have chronic depression and I have the symptoms you mentioned off and on year round, heh i can't usually seem to go to sleep before 6 am anymore. Try doing something calming before bedtime, maybe reading that helps me sometimes. Cant help but shudder at buzsaw as well

yea. I've been depressed lately. A lot of times though, the people here cheer me up (or random people off the street) and I can stay that way for days. I just think about how much time/effort I have to spend in getting a Physics Major, and I really don't know what I'm going to do with it. I mean, I'm not sure what I could do with one, and here I am, spending all this time getting one... seems kinda pointless to me. And sometimes, life itself seems kinda pointless. I probably would have ended it a long time ago, if I didn't care about my friends more than myself.

I just think about how much time/effort I have to spend in getting a Physics Major, and I really don't know what I'm going to do with it.

sounds more you`re under pressure rather than "depressed", stress is well nasty if left to run wild :(

just and idea, maybe you can take a calendar and make regular time slots between now and the due date, and then in each split the work up.

kinda gives you a "plan of Action" then and puts it all into easy to see perspective, rather than a huge daunting black question mark over your head.

besides it`s nice when you have a list like that in "bite size" peices that you can Tick Off as you do them :)

it works for me anyway :)

I guess I'm just looking for a sence of worth. ANd you're saying I'm not going to find it.

that`s not what I said at all, in fact, and to equate a "Sense of worth" with not knowing where your life is going is nonsense!

deal with the now, let the future look after itself "Wing It".

There is this idea floating around that any human being has an intrinsic worth. I don't see very much done to make people feel it.

expand upon these 2 points further if you don`t mind, as I`ve not the remotest idea what you`re on about?

A person is worth something just for being a human being, like a child who has had no time to actually "accomplish anything" with his or her life. When you make people feel like they have to "accomplish something" to have any self-worth, that is really self destructive. That's what this society does to people. It isn't enough that someone drags himself to school or work and puts up with the pain. He also has to be some really impressive god-knows-what.

I could go on, but this is about BobbyJoeCool. I would like him to feel as if he is worth something without anyone requiring anything of him. Then he can build on that. You have to start with something, even if it is a little small, needs a little polishing, a little nurturing.

if you actually know where your life is going whats the point in living it? if you knew everything you were going to do in your life today, would you have any desirre to go and do it? Life is just about enjoying the ride, knowing the meaning of it all is superflous(sp?)

Ah... Social pressures... I thought I had beaten society by not conforming to any norm that exists, and here I am, worried about being worth something. My problem, I guess, is that I don't want things to change. I have a certain amount of intellegence, but don't know how to use it. Internet "IQ tests" place me anywhere between 120-197 (I know these numbers are probably wrong, but it's suce a big range that it might be in there :) ), and I want to do something that is challanging, but no part of my current job that is challanging, gives me any satisfaction at all when I overcome the challange.

I'm a college student, but I really don't know why I'm even going to class. I mean, to me it seems pointless, and there's no motivation, and I'm screwing myself because I don't feel motivated at all to get through college because I don't even know why I'm going.

My biggest problem though, is that eventually on this line of thought, I end up thinking about skyscraper jumping. Becuase, I end up thinking about how I have no idea what I'm going to do... if I'm not in college, I'll get kicked out of my house and have to pay for everything at once, and I'll be so far in debt, that I'd need a real job to pay it off, but won't be able to afford one because I'd be so far in debt. So, I have to go to college because that's the alternative... why. What purpose is my life serving? What purpopse will it serve. and it goes from there.

As for having fun... I don't have friends to have fun with. One of the reasons for this is that I'm a bi-sexual, so most of the guys are like "No... I'm homophobic so stay way from me" And all the girls are like, "You only want to have sex with me so get away from me." And, usually, I'm a REALLY nice REALLY patient guy, who's really easy to get along with, and yet, the only people who ever really talk to me, want to use me for their own evil* purposes. *When I say evil, I mean where it's not intentionally harmful to me, they have no real intrest in me, they want to use me with no thought of what it would do to me.

Anyway, as far as depressing rants go... *Hangs head*

as far as debt goes, you won't end up out on the streets because your in debt. There are ways out of it, such as banrupcy(sp?) I know thats not such an attractive idea, but don't worry about it.

As for jobs, you may want to consider gettting a job right now. It will give you a bit of work experience and it will help you pay down that debt.

In the end though its just a matter of taking care of things 1 step at a time, (I'm sure you've heard this before) things do tend to take care of themselves. out of college you get some job (anything you can get pretty much) and get an apartment. the rest will fall into place

also why did you choose physics?

I get the same feeling that Bobby Joe does in churches. They feel evil. I feel the presence of evil sucking the life from me.

1. Try a Bible church that inspires, enlightens and blesses. Move around until you find one.

2. If you have a spiritual need and don't know it, the church that irritates you the most may be the one that is hitting on your spiritual problem as the spirit of God present in the church convicts of sin. We all need that to some degree or another and a church that does not address the problems of parisoners isn't worth your time.

3. If the church is the problem and not you, maybe by your presence you can bless and help them with their problem.