Brian Cox, gotta love him

Gotta love Brian Cox, his series from 2017 is still making red on express.co.uk. Is he for real or just a celebrity who created a video?

His title claims universe can end at any minute but when you read the article by any minute he really means in a very very long time.

But, Professor Cox confirmed it would be a long way in the future before something like this happened.

He added: “The time-scale for vacuum decay is many times the age of our universe, so it’s not going to happen tomorrow, but it’s still disconcerting to think that our universe isn’t the stable, eternal home we once believed it to be.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/science/1273858/end-of-the-world-brian-cox-universe-unstable-vacuum-decay-space-news-spt/amp

8 minutes ago, Bmpbmp1975 said:

His title claims universe can end at any minute but when you read the article by any minute he really means in a very very long time.

I can try to clarify that. To get the discussion in the right direction; do you know some basics about probabilities? For instance the difference between a coin toss with chance of 1/2 to get a head versus a regular dice throw with 1/6 to throw six? 

(assumes fair coin and fair six sided dice)

Edited by Ghideon

2 minutes ago, Ghideon said:

I can try to clarify that. To get the discussion in the right direction; do you know some basics about probabilities? For instance the difference between a coin toss with chance of 1/2 to get a head versus a regular dice throw with 1/6 to throw six? 

(assumes fair coin and fair six sided dice)

Ok now you lost me lol