Gmail

TheGeek

Google only hires people with PhDs or hackers who can crack in.

-inside joke.-

/end

Other than that, I'd actually love to see all my free mail space put to use by allowing me to host a webserver from my gmail. Don't know if it's been done yet, I'd love to see some hacker do it though.

*googles*

hmm.. a virtural drive... but can I get it to host my files to others without using a password....

----------------------------------------------------

I thought about this once and thought of Google as a monopoly industry, but then again perhaps it wasn't.

I figure with whatever money they get, they just buy more and more stuff.

They don't embezzle cash and play with it, they truly put it to use.

I guess since it can be a virtual 2GB drive, that'd be the best function for me.

Of course i just D/L'd the virtual drive creator and it's denying me the right to put files in 2nd level subfolders. :mad:

I guess I also liked the fact that I could get what screen name I wanted.

Its sorting of mail somewhat annoys and bothers me.

I liked hotmail for that, but hotmail deleted all my old emails and shut down a few of my accounts because of "inactivity."

I don't know if gmail will ever do this though. I figure since they have a half decent spam set up, they won't get clutter in their servers so they won't lock out accounts.

Does gmail provide virus scan?

It's sad but NO. Gmail does not provide virus scan. Yahoo is supported by norton and hotmail is supported by mcafee.

One good thing (or a bad thing to some people) is that you cant send exe's as attachments with gmail. This helps a little with protecting from viruses.