Hijack from Pascal's Wager - Does this make sense?

seriously disabled

There is absolutely zero evidence for the existence of any God.

If there was a loving all-capable God then...

1. There will not be so many people living in poverty

2. There will not be so many people who commit suicide every day.

3. There would be a way for humans to get to other planets and live there.

4. There will not be so many neglected people or people who are incarcerated in prison for life. There would not be a death penalty and everyone's right to life will be respected.

5. There would not have been so many diseases and body disorders, diseases and bodily disorders that maim many people every day.

All the evidence shows that a God who cares for human life, well-being and happiness simply doesn't exist at all.

Edited by seriously disabled

2 hours ago, seriously disabled said:

There is absolutely zero evidence for the existence of any God.

If there was a loving all-capable God then...

1. There will not be so many people living in poverty

2. There will not be so many people who commit suicide every day.

3. There would be a way for humans to get to other planets and live there.

4. There will not be so many neglected people or people who are incarcerated in prison for life. There would not be a death penalty and everyone's right to life will be respected.

5. There would not have been so many diseases and body disorders, diseases and bodily disorders that maim many people every day.

All the evidence shows that a God who cares for human life, well-being and happiness simply doesn't exist at all.

But if there was a God, how would you know what their ultimate plan was? How could s/he teach empathy etc.. without pain, poverty etc.. 

What would be the point if everything was perfect for everybody. How would we know who was a genuinely good person. What you learn?

I don't believe in God, but if there was, surely there actions wouldn't make any sense to us. 

I am sympathetic to you, people can be cruel. I wish you all the best.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.