Hypnosis

TheGeek

• 2 weeks later...

well, this thread was created pretty long ago. but if you're still curious i will answer.

Hypnosis, is like subliminal messages, but more powerful. Subliminal messages are messages that are invisible to your conscious, but visible to your subconscious. So you would listen to them. But here's the thing. Your subconscious is a genius, if the subliminal messages make messages that tries to harm you, then your subconscious will reject it right away. But hypnosis, im not sure about that. Hypnosis is a powerful thing, you get people in a trance state, and they will be vulnerable.

If your still curious, http://www.google.com should help.

I have a couple "guided meditation" mp3s I used to listen too. Two were about memory. "You have a powerful memory..." It was actually hypnosis but I was looking for an easier way to meditate. Not sure if it helped my memory any, though.

• 3 weeks later...
Hypnosis is a powerful thing, you get people in a trance state, and they will be vulnerable.

I've heard that with hypnosis you won't be able to make someone hurt themselves directly, but if you disguise it, it can work. Making it something like a subliminal message with laxer security. Hypnosis is actually more suggestive than "Go grab a flamethrower and weld it to a rocket launcher, go to the white house and throw the flame launcher..." so it would be something like "Wouldn't it be nice if someone welded a flamethrower to a rocket launcher and threw it at the white house?" slowly building up possibly. It's all suggestion really.

• 1 month later...

It is difficult for the brain to know the difference between what is real and what is imagined. Therefore you can plant a suggestion during a state of super suggestability called hypnosis which the mind will act on as if it were real. The effect decline rapidly after 24 hours, but some effects may last up to 30 days.

• 2 weeks later...
well' date=' this thread was created pretty long ago. but if you're still curious i will answer.

Hypnosis, is like subliminal messages, but more powerful. Subliminal messages are messages that are invisible to your conscious, but visible to your subconscious. So you would listen to them. But here's the thing. Your subconscious is a genius, if the subliminal messages make messages that tries to harm you, then your subconscious will reject it right away. But hypnosis, im not sure about that. Hypnosis is a powerful thing, you get people in a trance state, and they will be vulnerable.

If your still curious, http://www.google.com should help.[/quote']

no. the subconcious has very little power over the concious, if any. it probably doesn't exist. but im not going to say that it doesnt. ill make sure and then get back to you. just FYI: most of Freud's theories were wrong, including hypnosis.

all it is is a suggestive state of the mind. the patient will NOT do anything that they normally would not do.

here's the thing about hypnosis. It works better with people are more suggestionable. While under hypnosis, you won't volate any of your morals or ethics, but it's like being put into a state where you are even more suggestionable than usual. It's not some magical thing where your subconcious comes out and your concious disapears. It all really depends on how much you trust the hypnotist. If you trust them (say they are a profetional), it'll work for you.

However, hypnosis is not a reliable way to do anything. If a hypnotist askes you suggestive questions about your memory, (s)he can actually plant memories in your brain that never really happened, but you'll think it did (because that's just how suggestionable you are, and being hypnotised heightens that suggestability).

Hypnosis has a big hype, but it's not that big of a thing...