Studing the problem

:-( I have a habit of psychoanalyzing my personal problems. I have no degree in any mental field but the basics. I love problem solving especially people problems. Is it harmful to think about analyzing your personal problem so to understand them more rationally and correct them? pljames

I have the same habit. I love to fix peoples lives. Most of the times, they are very stupid things, e.g they are lying to friends, are stealing, cheating on girlfriends and etc.

I also love to fix my problems. Also, when it comes to physical problems, my fist have a mind of there own. :)

I think you're referring to introspection rather than psychoanalysis. It is difficult at best to explore your own underlying motives and to come up with effective treatment. We are often deceptive when dealing with ourselves.

Normal introspection is healthy and desirable. Trying to understand yourself is good, but we often need an objective party to tell us what may really be going on.

Excellent answers all especially Phi for all,

"I think you're referring to introspection rather than psychoanalysis. It is difficult at best to explore your own underlying motives and to come up with effective treatment. We are often deceptive when dealing with ourselves.

Normal introspection is healthy and desirable. Trying to understand yourself is good, but we often need an objective party to tell us what may really be going on."

But if even in retropect analysis you search and find something that might push you over the sane line? Is there a grey area and have you discovered your gray area and your limits sane wise or do you immediatly seek professional help? pljames

But if even in retropect analysis you search and find something that might push you over the sane line? Is there a grey area and have you discovered your gray area and your limits sane wise or do you immediatly seek professional help? pljames
The first step to correcting a problem is ackowledging that it exists. If you are questioning your sanity it is time to bring in an objective POV. Speak to a trained counselor for that. Personal problems are one thing, but nobody is capable of rational self-exploration into their own sanity.

Nobody here knows you well enough to do more than speculate. Speak to a trained counselor.