Chips, Salad, Chips, and Crackers

PsychWonderer

What do you suppose will happen to someone whose diet consists of strictly 6-7 1oz boxes of frosted mini wheats for Breakfast. 5-6 1oz bags of plain lays chips per meal. 3 cups of lettuce and 2 cups of black olives per meal. No Dressing just the Lettuce and olives. Saltine Crackers packs of 2 several throughout the day as snacks. Will drink water. This is consistent everyday for going on a month so far. 

They'll go broke and choke the landfills before they die. If they're buying this stuff themselves, they must be doing well financially. If someone else is buying it for them, that person needs to learn to say no.

The diet is horrible (the sodium in 6 cups of black olives and all those chips is waaaay over the daily limit), but why would anyone who is going to eat 6-7 ounces of cereal or 5-6 ounces of chips NOT use a normal bag (or buy your cereal at Costco and take advantage of the economy of scale)? The single serving (note the name) bags are very expensive and leave a lot of waste behind. If the lettuce is iceberg, there is little nutrition in the rest (the cereal is fortified with vitamins at least, but the sugar isn't great). 

I also don't think it's good for a person's self-esteem to eat that many bags of anything (every meal you technically eat to excess). I know kids often like tearing open bags (it's like opening presents), so I think you need to watch out for any bad associations there. Eating well is a gift, but overeating is decidedly NOT.

5 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

The diet is horrible (the sodium in 6 cups of black olives and all those chips is waaaay over the daily limit)

Right.  If "per meal" means 3 time a day, then:

18 oz of chips -  180 grams of fat, 3000 mg of sodium
6 cup of olives - 78 grams of fat,  7000mg of sodium

2 minutes ago, DirtyChai said:

Right.  If "per meal" means 3 time a day, then:

18 oz of chips -  180 grams of fat, 3000 mg of sodium
6 cup of olives - 78 grams of fat,  7000mg of sodium

I can feel my body retaining water just from reading that. Now the excess fluids are raising my blood pressure, and my heart is working OT. The extra work my arteries are doing now is causing them to stiffen, raising the chance of heart attack and stroke, and damaging the kidneys as well. Complete heart failure is imminent.