Poll: Knowledge for some.

Sayonara

Is the average knowledge baseline dropping?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is the average knowledge baseline dropping?

• Yes. Humanity is becoming divided by its ignorance.
    • Perhaps - I think distraction and apathy are possible culprits.
    • I don't think so, everyone I know is pretty clued up.
    • Not at all - you're seeing things.
    • Fish live in the sky.

haha

cool, i've never seeen this thread yet..

from a Canadian standpoint, I think the quest for knowledge is declining as well. WHY? # of reasons. I blame MTV the most. lousy americans...*j/k

Also with education, the public school quality here is decreasing and it's slowly seeking private funds to help alleviate the pressure; b/c there's alot of new immigrants coming into the Toronto and surrounding area.

I especially hate the Engineering Philosophy here. Here's the formula, input, output, done. Like Sayo said, there's no thought into why that happens.

Also with the tests, argh. 4/6 of my classes use Multiple Choice tests. The best way to test, (but most expensive :embarass: , so no chance of it happening) like my PHYS prof. said: "He'll seat you down in a room for an hour, and drill you with questions upon questions seeing how much you know." Another thing. MC sucks b/c people complain that they got the entire thought process correct, but since they bubbled in the wrong answer on the Scantron sheet, or mistyped a figure in the calculator, NO MARKS. But that's a story for another day.

Radical Edward said in post # :

celebritised ignorance is one of the major culprits I think, not to mention the general obsession with image and frivolous things.

Dizzy blonde pop star-turned-reality TV queen Jessica Simpson was so convinced she was pregnant after she reading she was expecting in America's gossip magazines, she insisted on a check-up. The singer admits she fell for the rumors about herself after gossips mistook her longing for a pet dog as a strong hint she was about to become a mum. She says, "I think I said I wanted a dog and people thought I wanted a baby. I began to believe the rumors because I was very very sick. I ended up going to the doctor and being hooked up to an IV. I wasn't pregnant."

Since there was a new reply I was reading all the way through this thread and just got reminded to share this hilarious news story posted on IMDb.com

NSX said in post # :

Another thing. MC sucks b/c people complain that they got the entire thought process correct, but since they bubbled in the wrong answer on the Scantron sheet, or mistyped a figure in the calculator, NO MARKS. But that's a story for another day.

That's just another method of keeping cretins from getting higher scores :P