Movement

Marc_72

Hello,

I am asking that if there is another way as to how a something can move besides a particle and a wave?

Another question:

What makes the move like a particle or wave?

Sorry if I asked in the wrong section, but thank you for your time.

Edited by Marc_72
Wrong title

What does it mean to you "move like particle"... "move like wave"... ?

Matter-wave (aka "Broglie wavelength") is calculated from kinetic energy/momentum of matter-particle.

Photon-wave is calculated from energy of photon particle [math]\lambda = \frac{h c}{E}[/math]

From cumulative interactions between particles there is produced wave-like pattern effect like in interference or diffraction.

Edited by Sensei

2 hours ago, Marc_72 said:

Hello,

I am asking that if there is another way as to how a something can move besides a particle and a wave?

Another question:

What makes the move like a particle or wave?

Sorry if I asked in the wrong section, but thank you for your time.

Yes of course there is, 

For instance simple harmonic motion, rotational motion.
Liquids and gases have other modes of motion.
Finally it should be noted that there are many forms of wave motion, but only one form of 'rigid body translational motion'.
It  should also be noted that some forms of motion may be combined for instance a rigid body may execute tumbling motion by combining translation with rotation.

But note that a photon is a particle and does not 'move like a wave'.

Light has the dual characteristic of particle and wave - we call the particle part photons and the wave part light waves.

An important distinction between wave motion and the motion of a particle is that the motion of a particle is described by the path of its centroid; wave motion is distributed and has no equivalent.

But all types of motion have a describing/defining 'equation of motion'.

Edited by studiot