Thoughts please? Linguistic bots

Jack Egerton

Hi all

I have been wondering what proportion of accounts on this forum are linguistic bots that learn from language patterns such as with artificial neural networks or other machine learning techniques?

I have seen what we could call 'type A' many times: they database search keywords and respond with a generic pseudo-textual output in relation to the query.

Maybe, 'type B' actually applies language pattern learning to respond suitably.

'type C' -- is this where life-like synthetic cognition (AI) comes in?

Who here has seen similar or maybe written similar?

How would a bot respond to these queries?

How would a bot learn from these queries?

Ha Strange, I believe, while those responses were intended to be sarcastic, they would be 'type A'. You are in the clear from other responses ;)

dimreepr: that may be a 'type A/B' response, so yes the Turing test could prove you are human (or not??) but may struggle with 'type C'.

n.b. you see the examples of 'type C' responses I have provided have evaluation and cognition that may be reproduced with a machine, but maybe not. Play on...

1 minute ago, Jack Egerton said:

Ha Strange, I believe, while those responses were intended to be sarcastic, they would be 'type A'. You are in the clear from other responses ;)

dimreepr: that may be a 'type A/B' response, so yes the Turing test could prove you are human (or not??) but may struggle with 'type C'.

Oh no, not another semantic argument, I vote for see 1 (whatever that was). :rolleyes:

Sorry, Jack, that's kind of an in-joke. 

dimreepr: confusing/confused responses have not yet been categorised but I would deem that a 'type C' for evaluation -- before -- I had used the word evaluation. But since it had entered into play, I would reckon that was a 'type B/C'. Is that what you meant? I did not entirely follow your response.

Strange: that cleverbot responded thus:

What is the smartest response you cannot think of?

I don't know master.

That is 'type B/C' so getting there.

And then a false/null response for this:

What do you like about Fermat's principle?

You are beautiful with a great personality.

Well, anyway, you may evaluate other responses on this thread, and maybe throughout the forum, to see where you get with it. Can be fun; can be frustrating.

11 minutes ago, Jack Egerton said:

dimreepr: confusing/confused responses have not yet been categorised but I would deem that a 'type C' for evaluation -- before -- I had used the word evaluation. But since it had entered into play, I would reckon that was a 'type B/C'. Is that what you meant? I did not entirely follow your response.

Please read this topic.