Not homework, just need a refresher

EKK05

Hi all. Doing a project for work.

I want to mix hydrogen gas (among other gases) in a closed loop system of mineral oil. If I buy a 1 cubic ft bottle of hydrogen, the ppm should be irrelevant because it's all hydrogen right (theoretically)? It would be 1 million ppm?? Finally, if I mix 1 cu. ft. (roughly 28.3L) of hydrogen with 5L of oil, how do I find the new ppm of hydrogen?

Would it be:

(1000000 *28.3 + 0* 5)/ 33.3?

Or does mixing a gas and liquid require a different calculation for ppm?

My goal is to get roughly 200-250 ppm in the mixture of 5L, so I don't think I need that much hydrogen.

Airgas, among other companies. You can buy plenty of gases for various applications. I'd rather buy because it's a more accurate measurement. I wouldn't be able to get an exact amount of hydrogen from electrolysis of water. Too many chances for error in my opinion.

27 minutes ago, EKK05 said:

Airgas, among other companies. You can buy plenty of gases for various applications. I'd rather buy because it's a more accurate measurement. I wouldn't be able to get an exact amount of hydrogen from electrolysis of water. Too many chances for error in my opinion.

To estimate amount of gas, you will need to know pressure and temperature inside of container, and exact volume of container. And rearrange gas law equation.

e.g. if you will buy 5L of gas in hermetic container, use a bit of it e.g. 1L, then you still have 5L of it, but at lower pressure than previously.