Changing Windows Explorers

Raider5678

As in several web pages that draw files from a single database?

You can assign each web page a prime number then assign their semi-primes to each file.

example:

WP A

p1 = 2

WP B

p2 = 3

WP C

p3 = 5

then, say you have a file that you want linked to A and C but not B. You can assign the file an index of primes:

eg

index = p1*p2 = 10

So each web page can use the mod function to filter only the files that belong to them from the single DB

idea was not origionally mine BTW. unfortunately, I only heard about it second hand sometime back in the 80's and used it to create my first program which was a phone book app.

Edited by TakenItSeriously

How would you change windows explorer so that you can have a file in two different locations without the file being copied?

You can use symbolic links, hard links, junctions and libraries. For a single file you would use a hard link which basically makes the computer think the file exists at a specific path but it actually exists elsewhere (it even works with different hard drives). You probably won't need to use it properly but basically you may only add so much to environment variables so programmers add symbolic links to system32 to have access to all their build tools.

Edited by fiveworlds