Are jobs in science still in demand?

CuriousStudent

I was looking through post-secondary options I have when I graduate. My parents want to make sure I get a job which is in high demand, so that when I graduate I will for sure be put into that line of work. I'm under stress to pursue a career in construction, similar to the rest of my family, since its a job that is high demand.

Is there science based jobs still in demand? If so, please let me know, I am having trouble finding any sources that can help me with this. I am from Canada as well if that helps.

I was looking through post-secondary options I have when I graduate. My parents want to make sure I get a job which is in high demand, so that when I graduate I will for sure be put into that line of work. I'm under stress to pursue a career in construction, similar to the rest of my family, since its a job that is high demand.

Is there science based jobs still in demand? If so, please let me know, I am having trouble finding any sources that can help me with this. I am from Canada as well if that helps.

There are jobs that don't exist now that will be present in the future. There are jobs that are high demand now that will not be in the future.

Science-based jobs will be there, but predicting the future of science and technology is hard. In college you aren't going to learn the cutting-edge material, you are going to learn the fundamentals that you will apply. IMO the better tactic is finding something you enjoy. You can adapt later on as the need arises.

• 2 weeks later...

i want to say to go into a job as an engineer working for your countries military force

and lets be honest, military forces in countries are gonna grow bigger and it may be safe to assume that jobs in that area will increase

but you live in canada eh? you guys are pretty friendly so maybe canadas military force is an exception

(just kidding, no hate on Canada i think its a pretty great place)

Edited by NimrodTheGoat