Opening and closing threads

Bettina

I am curious of why, for example, the pedophile thread was closed after everyone made there closing arguments, then reopended days later for one poster to make comments about another poster, then closed again. before there was a chance for rebuttal. I thought it was agreed to be closed at a certain time. I would have liked to have made a comment to the last post.

Also, why is a person allowed to change the title of his post after many people have already answered it rendering the answers not making any sense anymore.

Just curious

Bettina

I am curious of why, for example, the pedophile thread was closed after everyone made there closing arguments, then reopended days later for one poster to make comments about another poster, then closed again. before there was a chance for rebuttal. I thought it was agreed to be closed at a certain time. I would have liked to have made a comment to the last post.
The request was made by PM. Baldur had some citations he had found, only to discover the thread had been closed. If you would like a thread reopened for a good reason, you only need ask. In fact, if you would like me to reopen the pedophile thread again for another round, that's fine, too, let me know and I'll reopen it for a time. The only reason it was closed at all is so it wouldn't get bumped months from now with repetitive opinons. People often don't back-read threads that long.
Also, why is a person allowed to change the title of his post after many people have already answered it rendering the answers not making any sense anymore.
Title of his post or title of his thread? Post titles are as editable as the posts themselves, although we now have a 6 hour time limit for editing so people can't go back and erase all their past posts (it's only happened twice while I've been moderating but it was a real PITA, makes the whole thread look goofy).

Editing the title of threads requires a Mod or Admin. If this is what you were referring to, let me know which thread it was and I will track down the reason and, if necessary, have the offending Mod or Admin struck repeatedly with something unpleasantly hard and heavy.

Just curious
That's what we love to hear. :)

Again, the general issue is: does environmental damage destroy life or change it? What do you think?
This is the last sentence in the OP. Are you sure the title used to be different? I agree, they would seem to ask different things. Did any Mod or admin change this title for gib65? If there is no good reason for the change and gib65 has no objections to the edit, I can change it.

This is the last sentence in the OP. Are you sure the title used to be different? I agree, they would seem to ask different things. Did any Mod or admin change this title for gib65? If there is no good reason for the change and gib65 has no objections to the edit, I can change it.

As Bettina well knows, I have already stated in the thread in question that there is nothing in the mod logs.

As Bettina well knows, I have already stated in the thread in question that there is nothing in the mod logs.
I feel so... so... used!

I'll never be nice again. Ever.

And I guess I will always read the whole thread next time.

Don't feel used. My mind must have been somewhere else at the time or maybe my dual processing got mixed up. I think you guys are right. I'm going to reboot.......Sorry for the mixup. ;)

Bettina

Don't feel used. My mind must have been somewhere else at the time or maybe my dual processing got mixed up. I think you guys are right. I'm going to reboot.......Sorry for the mixup. ;)

Bettina

Curiosity did kill the cat!