how to take PATENT (U.S's institutes) ??

blue89

You can't get a patent for exploring or researching something. You need to have a specific device or mechanism (or, in some jurisdictions, a procedure or bit of software) that is novel, involves an "inventive step" and is non-obvious.

So you might get something patentable out of your research. But I assume that will be some time away.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange and ajb have made extremely valuable comments, and I can't see what else to add. I can't comment about a U.S patent application, but I do know from my son, who is a patent examiner for the EPO (and discusses the prnciples ad nauseam with me), that European applications invariably come via patent lawyers, and not directly from an inventor. This is because the exact wording of an application is critical in order to avoid ambiguities and to draw an exact distinction between the allegedly new concept and already existing patents. Patent lawyers are also quite good filters: they search existing patents and avoid the expense of submitting a patent which is not novel.

Edit: I missed several posts above before posting. The whole process can take one to several years, depending on the amount of work in the input queue for a particular field.

Edited by DrKrettin

Strange I think you are missing something.

your the best sentence was this one ..(I do not remember actual type but was like this)

"most of well known good scientists were self taught"

because this one is the thing that I am unable to make someone undertand this detail ..but I believe and know that this is reality..

ok. my studies will be spread on. ad I am not telling novel.

This it because historically, there was no scientific education available to the very few who became famous before the twentieth century. Just because most "well-known scientists" were self-taught, it doesn't follow that these days the same applies. I challenge you to find a famous scientist born after 1900 who didn't have at least a degree in natural science, if not a doctorate (Einstein sticks out there).

Strange I think you are missing something.

your the best sentence was this one ..(I do not remember actual type but was like this)

I am quite sure I would never have said that because I don't believe it is true. All the great scientists I am aware of studied at university. Or, in a few cases, by working with other scientists.

Remember what Newton said about "standing on the shoulders of giants".

probably Dr Krettin has some missing details and I could not understand what Strange has been telling in his last comment. look what I believed and thought then and about missing details and just directly relevant this thread

1) I understood (just agrred with strong confidence) that great scientists has reached almost everything by just their self ability (of course with combining hardworking personality + GENUINE) (*** * ***)

2) This is missing detail : Dr Krettin says that this would be compulsory to continue at any university as postgrad education to rach some great accomplishments ,but I am confident that is not required! ...check please especially in this modern century there exist too many scientists ( many many professors ,but could you show me please : where is the great one , where is someone like newton ,where is someone like archimedes or like nikola tesla ...or ..etc. there are too many examples may be given. and note please I could not find that tesla had a PhD degree :)

3) if you are againts these details ,I recommend that yo check educational institutes what is modern education's goals (????)

4) PATENT

I do not want to be relevant with this for a while ,this is not my problem ..the problem does not belong me and I am series that I do not tell something like novel.

check please what had avicenna said when he reached his first and great achievement ,remember please when the king had asked what he wanted from king to do for avicenna ;

he replied ;

"I WOULD YOU TO LET ME USE THE LIBRARY HOW I WOULD USE"

look please the noble ,and the respect please avicenna didn't want something like money or didn't want something like someone to tell him something to learn...

but when I allege that I have had ability to learn by myself , I also saw someone teasing with me . ..

hah ..this is reality ...

what was the patent ..

never mind for a while ,I know the reality ..

never mind the personal ideas ,care the UNIVERSAL TRUTHS ...

Edited by blue89