hijack from if gravity were repulsive at short distances

jerrygg38

What might the Universe be like in a fictional reality where gravity was repulsive instead of attractive at subatomic distances?

I'd assume it wouldn't make much difference to the average atom or molecule as the masses involved would be too small for gravity to have an effect either attractive or repulsive?

However, I did wonder what the behaviour of black holes might be like in this hypothetical scenario. Attractive at regular, human-experience distances and repulsive at the subatomic and Planck scales.

Would the mass reach a stable equilibrium between the attractive and repulsive, would the black hole explode once the singularity reached a critical threshold, would the hole appear to perpetually inflate and deflate as each "side" asserts dominance, and so on... Would if even be possible to calculate the behaviour given the hypothetical nature of the speculation?

As I see it in my theory "The Gravitational Wave and the Dot-wave theory", Gravity is both positive and negative. Matter constantly radiates dot-waves which jump in spherical wave patterns. As the gravitational waves jump they push the following waves and expand the universe. there is a kickback effect and this causes the gravitational force.When we add up all the waves we find that matter attracts matter as the waves point to the center of mass of the objects. However at the same time the universe expands. Thus gravity pushes matter together rather than causes matter to attract matter.

As I see it in my theory "The Gravitational Wave and the Dot-wave theory", Gravity is both positive and negative. Matter constantly radiates dot-waves which jump in spherical wave patterns. As the gravitational waves jump they push the following waves and expand the universe. there is a kickback effect and this causes the gravitational force.When we add up all the waves we find that matter attracts matter as the waves point to the center of mass of the objects. However at the same time the universe expands. Thus gravity pushes matter together rather than causes matter to attract matter.

Please show your maths. And then how the predictions compare with observation.

!

Moderator Note

Do NOT use your pet theory to reply to someone else's pet theory. Hijacking the topic is against the rules. You're falling into bad old habits since you've been back.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.