The problem with the Michelson/Morley experiment

jerrygg38

The Michelson/Morley experiment has three solutions. Einstein picked his special relativity solution which matched the instrument. It worked very well because his solution is a root mean square answer which is excellent for circular motions such as a clock spinning around the Earth. The alternative solution would be a Doppler Solution in which the geometric mean of the Doppler is identical with the Einstieinian solution. Thus the instrument can shrink in the forward direction toward the sun and expand in the rearward direction. The result is the geometric mean on of the two answers is the same as Einsteins equations.

People have been arguing over these two solutions for a hundred years. The Electrophysicists like the Doppler Solution and the regular physicists like the Einsteining solution.

The big problem is the validity of the experiment itself. In my "Gravity and the Dot-wave theory", the gravitational wave jumps which pushes the wave in front of it and this causes a kickback effect which pushes matter together. At the same time light from the sun originates in individual photons which convert into spherical patterns which jump along the gravitational waves. The net result is that as the waves approach the Earth they leave the sun's gravitational field and are absorbed by the Earths gravitational field. Thus the instrument sees light which is now referenced to the Earths field. The color changes but that is the individual photons which come from the interaction of the spherical field and matter.

Thus the Michelson Morley experiment is invalid. Neither the Einsteinian solution nor the electro physicist solut-on has any meaning since the light approaching the instrument is referenced to the Earth itself.

Thus the Michelson Morley experiment is invalid.

Not that I agree with your analysis, but do we really care if the Michelson and Morley experiment is 'invalid'?

I mean, we have lots of other direct and in direct evidence that special and general relativity are good theories.

In my "Gravity and the Dot-wave theory",

So you're back after 7 1/2 years http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/33261-jerrygg38s-dot-wave-unified-field-theory and http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/33265-equivalence-of-mass-and-charge which were closed because of your total lack of evidence and willingness to participate scientifically.

Have any evidence yet? You didn't then, however 7 1/2 years is a good amount of time now. You should have made plenty of predictions and collected evidence since the last time you posted here.

Edited by Bignose

People have been arguing over these two solutions for a hundred years. The Electrophysicists like the Doppler Solution and the regular physicists like the Einsteining solution.

Can you provide some references scientific papers referencing this debate?

At the same time light from the sun originates in individual photons which convert into spherical patterns which jump along the gravitational waves. The net result is that as the waves approach the Earth they leave the sun's gravitational field and are absorbed by the Earths gravitational field. Thus the instrument sees light which is now referenced to the Earths field. The color changes but that is the individual photons which come from the interaction of the spherical field and matter.

The experiment did not use sunlight and did not measure colour change so this doesn't make much sense.

Please show the calculations using your model.

In my "Gravity and the Dot-wave theory"

!

Moderator Note

Which you will not discuss here. You still have a request to tell us how you would falsify that particular "idea". If a thread is still open, use it. Otherwise, there will be no mention of it.

In this thread, you will confine your remarks to the Michelson-Morley experiment. Tell us what an electrophysicist is, and provide the references for which Strange has asked.

Not that I agree with your analysis, but do we really care if the Michelson and Morley experiment is 'invalid'?

I mean, we have lots of other direct and in direct evidence that special and general relativity are good theories.

The fact that Einsteins calculations are excellent does not mean that his theory is valid. He based his special relativity upon the Michelson Morley experiment. He used it to produce his equations. The same equations are readily produced by the root mean square of simple Doppler Equations. What does his equations specify? All they say is that the Einsteinian solution is one solution out of at least three solutions. Thus we are only dealing with best fit approximations.

Can you provide some references scientific papers referencing this debate?

The experiment did not use sunlight and did not measure colour change so this doesn't make much sense.

Please show the calculations using your model.

It has been over 50 years since I studied the debates and many books were written. I like the Doppler Equations

Mass front = MoC/(C-V)

Mass rear= Mo/(C+V)

Mass(rms) = Mo/[1-(V/C)^2]^0.5

So Einsteins equations and simple Doppler type equations yield the same results. The MIT studies of the forward and rearward masses were in the Military Secret libraries. The actual equations they used were more complex but since we are dealing with only small changes I like the simple Doppler instead.

As far as my spherical analysis of the conversion of individual photons to spherical waves and visa versa, that is beyond my mathematical ability or interest. In Professor Levine's work on neutrinos, it is important to understand that huge amounts of neutrinos from the sun penetrate our bodies constantly with no ill effect. In my opinion this shows that photons come in two different forms. There are individual photons and photonic waves.The photonic waves cannot harm us but huge amounts of high energy photons would destroy all life upon this Earth.

So you're back after 7 1/2 years http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/33261-jerrygg38s-dot-wave-unified-field-theory and http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/33265-equivalence-of-mass-and-charge which were closed because of your total lack of evidence and willingness to participate scientifically.

Have any evidence yet? You didn't then, however 7 1/2 years is a good amount of time now. You should have made plenty of predictions and collected evidence since the last time you posted here.

I am not an evidence collector. Since I deal with the basic structure of the universe, no measurements are possible. The dot-wave has a mass of 1.566E-72Kg which cannot readily interact with any measurement device. My work is an Engineering study and presently being review by 4 Physics professors who are reading my latest book. I do not predict things that scientists have no already found ways to measure such as gravitational waves. I explain them.