Monopoles, are they just naturally occurring mutations of existing elements

LeeLambert

I find the article relating to the discovery of monopoles in spun ice intriguing.

It appears that those scientists have overlooked one very obvious fact, that has essentially been proven by the creation of an artificial monopole magnet by the talented individuals involved with that project.

Monopoles may simply be mutated elements; such as rubidium, that have reacted with other elements which has caused the atomic structure of the key element (in this case rubidium) to change and develop a singular magnetic pole.

Therefore; one could assume that the monopole mutation can only occur naturally, when specific elements react with each other in the right conditions. The question we need to ask, is if those conditions required to cause the likes of rubidium to mutate and develop a singular magnetic pole exist currently on earth. I don't think they do, what do you think?

if scientists needed to rearrange the atoms of rubidium in order to create a monopole magnet, effectively mutating the element to create the monopole magnet. Then you must agree the simplest explanation for the existence of monopoles is that suitable elements, such as rubidium, mutated or altered subject to reactions with other element.

if scientists needed to rearrange the atoms of rubidium in order to create a monopole magnet, effectively mutating the element to create the monopole magnet. Then you must agree the simplest explanation for the existence of monopoles is that suitable elements, such as rubidium, mutated or altered subject to reactions with other element.

But "mutation" isn't an explanation, since there is no model to account for it.

I 100% whole heartedly agree with you good sir, I am putting my theory forward merely as an alternative explanation based on what the Amhurst guys had to do in order to create the monopole magnet. Wouldn't you concede that my idea is something that could be investigated rather than disregarded, isn't that what science is all about?

To be fair, I have a hard time taking physics speculations seriously from a chap that claims to have been able to break the known laws of physics.

From your biography.

i have invented a new energy turbine that uses perpetual motion to generate electricity

I 100% whole heartedly agree with you good sir, I am putting my theory forward merely as an alternative explanation based on what the Amhurst guys had to do in order to create the monopole magnet. Wouldn't you concede that my idea is something that could be investigated rather than disregarded, isn't that what science is all about?

Who are "the Amherst guys"?

And no, I'm sorry to say, your idea as presented isn't worth investigating. Science is not a matter of coming up with some wild conjecture to explain an experimental result. The existing theory completely explains the experiment, so there is no need for a new model, and you don't have an alternative model to test. You don't even have the basic framework of a model, let alone a theory. All you've done is invoke some vague magic.

If you developed an alternative model, that would be worth testing. If the result did not fit within existing theory, then further investigation would be appropriate. What you've proposed is the equivalent of dropping something and proposing it's due to invisible fairies.

And can't even spell "spin".

Eh, I try not to criticize people for their spelling too much (unless it's just something so egregious it completely changes the meaning of what they're saying.) My spelling is terrible at times because I type too fast.