Collaborations and Idea Generation???

cjean

Collaboration is generally a positive thing, but I suppose your question is too vague and it really depends on what specific objective you're looking to achieve and with whom you're doing the collaborating.

Hello guys,

I am wondering if it is still best to collaborate with people from other fields, or is it best to work on your own?

Any ideas??? :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

It is still best to collaborate with appropriate people from other fields. Their expertise needs to be applicable to the project. I think the collaborator's personalities play a big part in collaboration as well. Cooperation is as important as communication.

I'm sure you could come up with a set of circumstances where none of this is true, but for the most part I think having more perspectives is better.

I am wondering if it is still best to collaborate with people from other fields, or is it best to work on your own?

This may depend on exactly what fields you are describing and how they are interwoven.

A collaboration may be necessary, say for example in experimental work. Besides that, it can be very useful to get ideas from others and tap into there expertise. Finding out how others think about certain problems and how they tackle them can also be very helpful.

For a more focused answer you should provide more details.