ISIS Atrocity Tipping Point

Airbrush

I don't disagree. I just can't picture in my mind how that would be executed. Perhaps I am too accustom to military solutions. What steps would be taken between now and the arrival of peace seeking leaders?

It’s a question of understanding, IMO, and that spark of understanding in the right person (someone in the right place at the right time) is rare.

He/she would understand the value of forgiveness, the futility of revenge and be charismatic and wise enough to convey that message to the faithful/people.

What steps would be taken between now and the arrival of peace seeking leaders?

Specifically, there is no way to know what leads to such understanding in anyone; for me it was when my dog was expecting a treat for doing something I hadn’t asked for, it just clicked; but I’m not clever enough to convey my understanding to others and I’m definitely not in the right place.

I really don’t understand how you can be so sure [that These young women believed their manipulative recruiters, then they discovered living under ISIS is worse oppression. Too bad.(bolded mine)?

You have absolutely no evidence to support your assertion.

In England, those that have returned from ISIS haven’t done so through duress; in fact they seem determined to a, recruit more fighters or b, commit/plan atrocities on home soil, probably both.

Why do you care?

How?

Don't you know anything about cults? That is how they typically operate. They paint a pretty picture for the recruit, and when the usually naive, vulnerable, recruit gets inside the handlers clamp down on them. They cut off contact with the outside world. They make them feel insignificant, within the bigger, greater, picture that the cult offers, AND eternity in paradise. "Now you must WORK for us and our noble cause! If you do anything wrong you will be killed!" Even the US military works that way, and ISIS is definitely a militaristic, religious cult. The drill sargent pounds down on the ego of the newbies. He yells in their ear commands and expects "Sir, yes sir" in reply and immediate submission or immediate punishment.

I care about world history represented in ancient artwork. Why don't you? Most Iraqis are very angry about that, and so are art-lovers throughout the world.

Mosul will be like Normandy because it will be the first major push into an ISIS-occupied city by an Arab-lead attack, supported by the USA including a larger coalition than WW2 against ISIS, like Normandy was the first major push against Nazi-occupied Europe (after action in N.Africa and Italy).

Edited by Airbrush

The strict interpretation of Islam is WOMEN DO NOT have the rights of men. These young women are totally controlled and have no right to opinion or dissent. They must do as commanded by male handlers. They MUST marry who they are commanded to marry. Do you think they get to pick and choose a guy to marry by dating several?

Edited by Airbrush

Don't you know anything about cults? That is how they typically operate. They paint a pretty picture for the recruit, and when the usually naive, vulnerable, recruit gets inside the handlers clamp down on them. They cut off contact with the outside world. They make them feel insignificant, within the bigger, greater, picture that the cult offers, AND eternity in paradise. "Now you must WORK for us and our noble cause! If you do anything wrong you will be killed!" Even the US military works that way, and ISIS is definitely a militaristic, religious cult. The drill sargent pounds down on the ego of the newbies. He yells in their ear commands and expects "Sir, yes sir" in reply and immediate submission or immediate punishment.

The evidence I sought from you, given your OP and numerous similar replies, is how it affects ISIS in terms of the number of defections?

I care about world history represented in ancient artwork. Why don't you? Most Iraqis are very angry about that, and so are art-lovers throughout the world.

How can you conclude ‘I don’t care’ from my question?

It seems to me you’re simply using it to “cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war”.

Mosul will be like Normandy because it will be the first major push into an ISIS-occupied city by an Arab-lead attack, supported by the USA including a larger coalition than WW2 against ISIS, like Normandy was the first major push against Nazi-occupied Europe (after action in N.Africa and Italy).

Really?