The flow of fields in particle physics cosmology conjecture

Mordred

This is my first time starting a topic on the speculations forum. Those that know me know I have a good understanding of cosmology as well as particle physics.

One idea I have been kicking around every once in a while is a different sequence in the mathematics involved in particle physics and as a result cosmology.

Normally we like to look at thermodynamics at absolute zero to an upper range. Same applies to velocity. However what if we instead look at setting the speed of light c and the Planck temperature at the maximum. Then look at how particles decay out of equilibrium from those two values?

At the Planck temperature all particles present (fundamental) are in thermal equilibrium and are relativistic. So in essence this state can be described by its thermodynamics alone. In the FLRW metric temperatures above 246 GeV can be described by the vaccuum equation of state (the temp is the vacuum expectation value)

If the Higgs metastability above roughly 10^19 GeV applies then the 126 Higgs would have a Mexican hat potential of influence with the quarks etc in terms of mass .

So far everything I stated is standard nothing new.

Now let's get to the speculative portion.

Start with Planck temperature, unknown volume and length.

Set c as the base velocity. (Thermal equilibrium with photons) We will ignore gravitons.

As the volume expands the temperature drops as well as the average energy density. According to the ideal gas laws.

Now here is the conjecture. I will use an analogy to help describe what I am looking at.

Let's describe all interactions at velocity c as say a field or river flowing in all directions in a homogeneous and isotropic manner. Now as the first particle drops out of thermal equilibrium and gains a slight amount of mass (mass being resistance to inertia). This would cause an anistropy to our previous uniform flow. In some ways similar to dropping a rock into a river.

In a sense it is akin to a source of turbulence. Or a resistance to the fields of velocity c particles.

One would think that this turbulence source could result in further anistropies developing.

This view isn't necessarily a new model proposal. It's more in the area of a different visualization tool.

Feel free to punch holes into it. The mathematics themself I do not see as needing changing. For example the ideal gas law formulas, including the Fermi-Dirac and Bose-Einstein distribution functions still apply. The lie algebra of the SO(10) standard model would also be unchanged. So this viewpoint does not count as a new model. It's merely a visualization conjecture

Oh forgot to add at thermal equilibrium there would be essentially the frequency of the energy level of the photons. As one particle species drops out of equilibrium you now have two frequencies. This can also cause further anistropies to develop

Speculative ideas can be merely reinterpretations. I've been considering working on this interpretation to see if can provide an aid to teaching early universe thermodynamics. Will it make it easier to understand etc.

Or would it lead to more misconceptions. As of yet I am still undecided.

For that reason I didn't want to post it in the main stay forums. It may lead to confusion

This is my first time starting a topic on the speculations forum. Those that know me know I have a good understanding of cosmology as well as particle physics.

One idea I have been kicking around every once in a while is a different sequence in the mathematics involved in particle physics and as a result cosmology.

Normally we like to look at thermodynamics at absolute zero to an upper range. Same applies to velocity. However what if we instead look at setting the speed of light c and the Planck temperature at the maximum. Then look at how particles decay out of equilibrium from those two values?

At the Planck temperature all particles present (fundamental) are in thermal equilibrium and are relativistic. So in essence this state can be described by its thermodynamics alone. In the FLRW metric temperatures above 246 GeV can be described by the vaccuum equation of state (the temp is the vacuum expectation value)

If the Higgs metastability above roughly 10^19 GeV applies then the 126 Higgs would have a Mexican hat potential of influence with the quarks etc in terms of mass .

So far everything I stated is standard nothing new.

Now let's get to the speculative portion.

Start with Planck temperature, unknown volume and length.

Set c as the base velocity. (Thermal equilibrium with photons) We will ignore gravitons.

As the volume expands the temperature drops as well as the average energy density. According to the ideal gas laws.

Now here is the conjecture. I will use an analogy to help describe what I am looking at.

Let's describe all interactions at velocity c as say a field or river flowing in all directions in a homogeneous and isotropic manner. Now as the first particle drops out of thermal equilibrium and gains a slight amount of mass (mass being resistance to inertia). This would cause an anistropy to our previous uniform flow. In some ways similar to dropping a rock into a river.

In a sense it is akin to a source of turbulence. Or a resistance to the fields of velocity c particles.

One would think that this turbulence source could result in further anistropies developing.

This view isn't necessarily a new model proposal. It's more in the area of a different visualization tool.

Feel free to punch holes into it. The mathematics themself I do not see as needing changing. For example the ideal gas law formulas, including the Fermi-Dirac and Bose-Einstein distribution functions still apply. The lie algebra of the SO(10) standard model would also be unchanged. So this viewpoint does not count as a new model. It's merely a visualization conjectureOh forgot to add at thermal equilibrium there would be essentially the frequency of the energy level of the photons. As one particle species drops out of equilibrium you now have two frequencies. This can also cause further anistropies to develop

If I understand you correctly, the description matches the measured effectsnof gravitational waves.

If I understand you correctly, the description matches the measured effectsnof gravitational waves.

Gravity waves is certainly part of it. Using the river analogy isn't unique . There has been articles to this effect before. Here is a few examples

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1204.0419

http://galileospendulum.org/2013/10/21/the-river-of-spacetime/

I've been looking at extending the example of the first article and applying it to the early universe thermodynamics

My previous thermodynamic article attempts for my webpage invariably turn out to complex. So I'm tinkering with the river analogy

I would like to keep the subject no more complex than these two articles

http://cosmology101.wikidot.com/redshift-and-expansion

http://cosmology101.wikidot.com/universe-geometry