Can You Cross All the Seven Bridges of Konigsberg Once ?

Jothi

I make that ten bridges

Start at blue tower.

Down across 9

Up across next from left to island

Up to top bank

past blue tower and down to island

Down across 10

Back across to island on bridge to left of ten

Right to Church on East-West Bridge

Down across 8

Up to Church on Rightmost bridge

Up to top bank on Rightmost bridge

That is NOT repeat NOT the Koninbergs Bridge Problem

For the problem to be interesting it should be impossible and that normally means that you have an odd number of bridges but you have to end up in the same place which is often (but not necessarily) impossible

Maybe some people find finding a solution to a possible scenario interesting? In that case, finding a solution seems extremely easy to me. But knowing the original problem and the constraint when a solution exists may have helped in that.

Maybe some people find finding a solution to a possible scenario interesting? In that case, finding a solution seems extremely easy to me. But knowing the original problem and the constraint when a solution exists may have helped in that.

A good point - I think possible scenarios will always be simple to solve as long as the complexity is such that the routes can be held in head. Perhaps I shouldn't have been so critical - but Konigsberg is a crucial and interesting puzzle that can really open up avenues of understanding, and this wasn't as billed :)

For those who are still unsure about the original problem it is at the link and I have reproduced a copy of their rendition of the puzzle below

seven-bridges-of-konigsberg.png

• 2 weeks later...