Throwing AI at the sun?

Genecks

So, here's a great question, I think.

Could we throw an artificial intelligence at the sun and have it use the sun's energy to solve life's problems?

I reason if it could be pre-programmed to solve complex issues and use the sun's energy to generate a wormhole, it could back here might fast, possibly converting the sun's energy into matter, thus enabling wormhole generators and the like around our solar system.

Here is how I envision this:

Scientists make an artificial intelligence with various tasks to complete

- Test theories

- Compute possibilities

- Turn energy into mass

- See if a wormhole can be made

They then take this advanced AI with mass-to-energy capabilities, which would be dependent on the sun's energy, and they send it out in space toward the sun. Once the device gets to the sun, it starts to get to work. It uses the massive energy of the sun to quickly examine the reality of the universe. If possible, it will turn energy into mass. Furthermore, with a pre-programmed design in place, it will attempt to make a wormhole to quickly get back to Earth. Because it's using the sun's energy, there shouldn't be energy problems.

It would be small. It would be lightweight. It wouldn't have any natural predators except intense energy and heat (but this would have been worked out). Furthermore, if successful, it would quickly get back to Earth; but with relativity in mind, time would still pass on Earth. And if it could be super successful, perhaps it could do more than just generate a stargate, such as multiple stargates to organize the sun's energy as we want (but I reason that would be for the next AI system that is thrown at the sun).

Edited by Genecks

So, here's a great question, I think.

Could we throw an artificial intelligence at the sun and have it use the sun's energy to solve life's problems?

I reason if it could be pre-programmed to solve complex issues and use the sun's energy to generate a wormhole, it could back here might fast, possibly converting the sun's energy into matter, thus enabling wormhole generators and the like around our solar system.

Ummmm, no, why would you think this could be done?

Why can't it be done?

It looks to me that the sun just keeps on giving out energy. So, if the problem to keep a device there is an energy problem, then the energy problem is solved. I'm aware the sun's energy is limited, but it's going to keep out giving large amounts for more extended periods of time.

Edited by Genecks

If we had the technology to do what you suggest, sure, I don't know that it's impossible.

However, it seems unnecessarily complicated to me. I can't see how an AI is limited by its energy requirements. Rather, I would say it's limited by computational powers or the effectiveness of its algorithms. So is there really a reason not to simply keep it here on Earth?