Black Holes Starve to Death

§lîñk€¥™

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by §lîñk€¥™

Black holes (BH from hereon) are curious objects.

The curious thing about them is that if you could watch something falling towards a BH you would never see it cross the event horizon (EH from hereon). For example, if I was watching a clock fall toward a BH, I would notice that it slows down more and more as it gets closer to the EH (it also would get dimmer and dimmer). This will always be the case from any view outside the EH no matter how long you wait. The clock will never be seen to cross the EH. It will slow down and then appear to be frozen (it won't be frozen but will be moving imperceptably).

So does the clock ever actually cross the EH of a BH?

I say it doesn't.

when clock is falling into the black hole u see the reflection of lght that comming from it.also the incredible gravity field will changing the light from blue to red after that infra red an so on until u wont be able to see the wach because the energy of the light comming from it will be equal to zero.that mean black hole sucked all energy like vacuum cleaner and u cant detect the light.thats why it is called BLACK HOLE because nothing comming out even single bit of energy.so wach keeps falling into black hole but u will see the light slowly changing untill it dissapear. I AM NOT SHURE WHETER MY GRAMMAR IS RIGHT, but i hope u get the idea.

• 1 month later...

I'm reading the book EARTH by David Brin. Have any of you read it? Its story line is quite depressing. A black hole was shot into the earth by something and is eating up the earth. But I didn't reply to say that. I believe one watching something go towards a BH would see it excelerating until it hits a speed that gives off a frequency of light that are eyes can't see. And for the one traveling into the event horizon, time would slow down until it is inf. small, which it would still slow down but it is impossible to write anything smaller than inf. small. For the free faller, they would never reach the EH, but the looker would see them reach it.

I also belive time is not a constant, but a varible and is diffrent depending on ones mind.

Originally posted by KHinfcube22

For the free faller, they would never reach the EH, but the looker would see them reach it.

the free faller would definitely reach the EH. local time is not altered at all for him (well okay, it will be a little bit because of the huge warping of specatime over his own body volume, but for simplicity we will ignore that).. however someone watching him yould never see him reach the EH as he would be redshifted out of existance.

boohoo, any way, if one ever did get close enough to reach a black holes event horizon, it would move at extreme speeds, and it would be constantly be hitting random molecules which would have a gamma ray like effect to the free faller, causing him to die even before he reached the EH.

Originally posted by KHinfcube22

boohoo, any way, if one ever did get close enough to reach a black holes event horizon, it would move at extreme speeds, and it would be constantly be hitting random molecules which would have a gamma ray like effect to the free faller, causing him to die even before he reached the EH.

clearly you have no idea what you're talking about.

To extend slightly on my point, radiation is the last of your concerns when you're a few feet away from the event horizon of a black hole with no protection at all. What's far more likely to kill you is (a) not being in a spacesuit, (b) particles going through you, © the intense gravitational force upon your body :)

according to Issac Asimov, even if one was in a spaceship they would still be vunerable to the gamma effect. and i DO know what I am talking about, (paritialy.) what would happen if someone was crogenically frozen and thrown into a blackhole?

That's easy:

(1) Ensure room temperature is the same as the liquid nitrogen,

or

(2) Don't allow the nitrogen to expand.

Either way though, you'd need a hell of a lot of shielding to protect you from the output of a black hole. I'd suggest some form of temporal shielding, with all the gadgets and doodahs inside the shield perimeter.

I don't see why that would be any different to sending through an animate living person, other than the fact that your passenger would not experience any of the trip.

A gamma ray is just as happy zipping through frozen tissue as it is living tissue, by the way.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so does a black hole (I mean the bit in the middle) actualy get any bigger the more it`s "fed" or does it stay the same size and just become more massive?

or...

I think some of the above might mean that nothing ever reaches the middle bit, but it just kinda gets "locked up" forever?

I realise my curiousity exceeds my knowledge in this area, but I hope my questions aren`t TOO basic :)

erm... ok?

what is that tho (the event horizon) I assume it`s a bit like photoshpere on our sun?. and isn`t there a little tiny mega dense black ball in the middle? and what would that be called?

neat that someting gets bigger though! thnx :)

it would seem odd to have all this stuff going IN and yet no sort of increase!

MrL_JaKiri said in post #49 :

The matter may be evenly distributed, it may be centralised, it doesn't matter, and we can never find out.

Unless we tied a rope around YT real good, and like --- dipped him into the event horizon with a polaroid camera 'n stuff.