mp3pm.com ??

-Demosthenes-

It's not a Russian based site, it's the legal right to distribute the MP3's that comes from a Russian agency.

It's just a loophole someone has worked out, that they can offer songs as long as they pay the royalty to the artist. As there is no distributor or manufacturer involved, just paying the royaltys seems quite logical. I’m not sure how that’s actually viewed by international law, but thats the idea.

Sounds like a good idea to me, although I have to say I think I'll probably use Apple's Music Store when it comes out over here in the UK for the songs I can't find on the net.

I'll quite freely admit that I don't pay for the vast majority of music; however, being quite a fan of Jazz and things like that, often I can't find soundtracks that I want to listen to, so for the odd track or two it's quite useful.

Here in Canada theyre starting to crack down on mass downloaders and sellers of music CDs.Although some of the internet distributers dont want to tell the (police,government) the names of their targets.I think one of the companies was sympatico that said they wouldnt reveal anything because of their privacy statement. :)

Here in Canada theyre starting to crack down on mass downloaders and sellers of music CDs.Although some of the internet distributers dont want to tell the (police,government) the names of their targets.I think one of the companies was sympatico that said they wouldnt reveal anything because of their privacy statement. :)

In most cases if they get subpoenaed, that's not good enough.

It's not a Russian based site, it's the legal right to distribute the MP3's that comes from a Russian agency.

It's just a loophole someone has worked out, that they can offer songs as long as they pay the royalty to the artist. As there is no distributor or manufacturer involved, just paying the royaltys seems quite logical. I’m not sure how that’s actually viewed by international law, but thats the idea.

I don't know, it still sounds kind of shady. I don't know if I'm going to download my music from there.