472 replies to this topic

#41 swansont

swansont

Evil Liar (or so I'm told)

• Moderators
  • 35,267 posts
  • LocationWashington DC region

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:59 PM

the tree has been banished for 30 days by request of the user taken a 30-day sabbatical

Edited by swansont, 23 April 2009 - 07:49 PM.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum          To go to the fortress of ultimate darkness, click the up arrow ^

I am not a minimum-wage government shill.             Forget it, Jake — it's Crackpottown.

My SFN blog: Swans on Tea                                                           

#42 Mokele

Mokele

Giant Atomic Reptile

• Moderators
  • 4,029 posts
  • LocationProvidence, RI

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:15 PM

scrappy has been suspended for thread-hijacking, trolling, and flaming.
"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestors' jaw" - J. Burns, Biograffiti

#43 swansont

swansont

• Moderators
  • 35,267 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:32 PM

insane_alien has taken a one-week sabbatical

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum          To go to the fortress of ultimate darkness, click the up arrow ^

I am not a minimum-wage government shill.             Forget it, Jake — it's Crackpottown.

#44 Mokele

Mokele

Giant Atomic Reptile

• Moderators
  • 4,029 posts
  • LocationProvidence, RI

Posted 1 May 2009 - 02:05 PM

universe2009 has been banned for massive amounts of PM spam
"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestors' jaw" - J. Burns, Biograffiti

#45 Pangloss

Pangloss

Wait, what?

• Moderators
  • 10,883 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 1 May 2009 - 07:57 PM

Gateway has been banned for inane threads that were annoying the membership (for lack of a better description).
According to the US Census Bureau almost 75% of those who live below the "poverty line" own a car (31% own 2+), 43% have a 3-bedroom house, 97% own a color TV, 78% have VCR or DVD, 62% have cable or sat TV, 89% have microwave, and over half have a stereo. 89% have "enough to eat", 80% have A/C, only 6% are overcrowded, and avg child dietary consumption is on par with children of middle an upper income parents. Wouldn't it be nice to know if we have any POOR people in this country?

"No one party can fool all of the people all of the time. That's why we have two parties." - Bob Hope

"They will be satisfied when we have Canadian health care and we’ve eliminated the Pentagon. That’s not reality." - White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs commenting on the "professional left", Aug 10, 2010.

"Pangloss, Every time you open your mouth, your brains are on parade!"
- Norman Albers

#46 Sayonara

Sayonara

Doomy doom ♫

• Administrators
  • 13,739 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 6 May 2009 - 04:46 PM

Norman Albers has been suspended for a week for spamming the forums after receiving a 4-point infraction for spam.

The Dictionary is not a technical resource.

#47 swansont

swansont

• Moderators
  • 35,267 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:24 AM

north has accumulated enough infraction points for an automatic three-day suspension. Trolling, including but not limited to simple repetition of arguments and refusal to address points brought up, as well as strawman arguments.

#48 swansont

swansont

• Moderators
  • 35,267 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:47 PM

geistkie has been banned for being a not-so-subtle reincarnation of the previously-banned geistkiesel, and for exhibiting the same traits that got him banned in the first place. Repeatedly posting the same errors, at length, after being shown why they were errors (i.e. trolling/refusal to acknowledge cited information).

#49 mooeypoo

mooeypoo

Oh look, Pwnies!

• Moderators
  • 5,702 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:09 PM

ORIFIEL was automatically suspended for 3 days after excessively trolling the forum, ignoring the rules and posting multiple threads on the same subject.

If I was helpful, let me know by clicking the [up arrow] sign ^^

No trees were harmed in the creation of this post.
But billions of electrons, photons, and electromagnetic waves were terribly inconvenienced during its transmission.

Adventures in Algorithms http://moriel.smarterthanthat.com

Advocating Science http://smarterthanthat.com

#50 Pangloss

Pangloss

Wait, what?

• Moderators
  • 10,883 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:43 PM

Scrappy temporarily suspended for infractions resulting from persistent logical fallacies, etc.
According to the US Census Bureau almost 75% of those who live below the "poverty line" own a car (31% own 2+), 43% have a 3-bedroom house, 97% own a color TV, 78% have VCR or DVD, 62% have cable or sat TV, 89% have microwave, and over half have a stereo. 89% have "enough to eat", 80% have A/C, only 6% are overcrowded, and avg child dietary consumption is on par with children of middle an upper income parents. Wouldn't it be nice to know if we have any POOR people in this country?

"No one party can fool all of the people all of the time. That's why we have two parties." - Bob Hope

"They will be satisfied when we have Canadian health care and we’ve eliminated the Pentagon. That’s not reality." - White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs commenting on the "professional left", Aug 10, 2010.

- Norman Albers

#51 Mokele

Mokele

Giant Atomic Reptile

• Moderators
  • 4,029 posts
  • LocationProvidence, RI

Posted 7 June 2009 - 06:12 PM

Scrappy has been permanently banned due to persistent fallacious arguments and general intellectual dishonesty.

And there was much rejoicing.

#52 swansont

swansont

• Moderators
  • 35,267 posts

Posted 1 July 2009 - 04:09 PM

jsaldea12 has been suspended for three days (automatic suspension for accrual of infraction points). Argument by persistent repeated assertion = trolling.

#53 Pangloss

Pangloss

Wait, what?

• Moderators
  • 10,883 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 3 July 2009 - 06:03 AM

bombus is taking a brief holiday for harassing staff and breaking various rules.

- Norman Albers

#54 swansont

swansont

• Moderators
  • 35,267 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:18 AM

onequestion banned at own request. Quit before being fired.

#55 Phi for All

Phi for All

Chief Executive Offworlder

• Moderators
  • 16,131 posts
  • LocationCO, USA

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:06 PM

jsaldea12 has continued to post the same pet theory after having it debunked, against the requests of Staff, and so has been permanently banned due to repeated inconsistencies with the purpose of this forum.

"You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred!" -- Super Chicken

God does have to keep the miracles going, or no one would believe that He is real.

#56 swansont

swansont

• Moderators
  • 35,267 posts

Posted 6 August 2009 - 04:52 PM

Bishadi has been automatically suspended for three days after repeated rules violations, including refusal to cite sources and trolling.

#57 Mokele

Mokele

Giant Atomic Reptile

• Moderators
  • 4,029 posts
  • LocationProvidence, RI

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:32 AM

kleinwolf has been banned for 7 days for persistent creepy pervy-ness

#58 swansont

swansont

• Moderators
  • 35,267 posts

Posted 4 September 2009 - 09:17 PM

sananda has been suspended three days for repeated thread hijacking with his speculation, in violation of rules 2.5 and 2.10.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Gasparri has been banned at his own request

#59 Mokele

Mokele

Giant Atomic Reptile

• Moderators
  • 4,029 posts
  • LocationProvidence, RI

Posted 7 September 2009 - 12:17 AM

Bombus has been banned for willfully defying staff decisions and persistent fallacies.

#60 swansont

swansont

• Moderators
  • 35,267 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:30 AM

ABV has been suspended for 7 days for twice starting new threads on a topic that had been closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users