Aerosol Can refilling (no Idiots Please!)

YT2095

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
Guest felinoel

in my chemistry II high school class we are pranking the gov't teacher with silly strings and walkie talkies,:P just b/c :D , and we want to be able to refill the canisters of silly string but we dont know how to make the string so if anyone out there knows plz email me at readerschoice16@sbcglobal.net

I actually thought of a vicously neat idea while reading the thread. It would involve bromine, aluminum, and a gun. What if you took a bullet casing and made a bullet out of aluminum metal for it. You would then hollow out the inside of the bullet and fill it with aluminum powder and a glass bead filled with pure bromine liquid. You would then seal it all up and have what looks like a fairly normal bullet. When the bullet makes contact, it should shatter the glass bead inside which would release the liquid bromine into the aluminum powder which would create a tremendous boom. Hmm. If I had any experience with guns and bullet making I'd give that a try. :D

it sounds like alot of messing about when a greater effect with less work exists.

just out of curiosity though, Why would you need or want such an ammo round anyway?

it`s perfectly useless for hunting or target practice.

• 5 years later...

This is exactly what I had in mind. I noticed above though that no acids are to be used in the aerosol can - chilli powder is acidic - will this result in the can eventually exploding? What is the inside of an aerosol can of, say, deoderant, made of - is it sufficiently inert to withstand the acid from chilli?

A pleasure :)

as for silly string, I have no idea (I know I SHOULD).

here`s one for any Girl Forumites out there as well.

Pepper Spray in a small handbag (purse for the yanks) sized Deodorant can :)

you`ll need 2 saucepans (one to fit inside the other), some parafin or kerosene and Chili powder (the hotter the better!).

on a stove top (not gas, it must be electric) put the larger saucepan on it with water in it, float the other saucepan in that water (leave a little gap so the water doesn`t boil over)

pour half a cup of kerosene in the smaller pan and turn the heat on low, add your red hot chili powder (Ceyene pepper`s good).

mix it until it becomes a gloopy mix.

leave it in the boiling water for an hour, remove from heat and allow to cool.

filter your gloop, you`ll notice a deep red liquid come out, that is what you fill your Can with :)

wear gloves where possible (the sort in hair dying kits will do) avoid touching it as it will burn!

this is NON-Lethal but will render an attackers totaly useless for up to 3 hours!

the best part is that it`ll be in a Deo can and so a search will show nothing out of the ordinary :)

• 1 month later...

PLEASE DO NOT TRY THE EXPLODING BULLET THING!

I am an avid shooter, and know a good bit about reloading ammunition. Any form of exploding bullet is very dangerous. That glass ball will probably not survive 40k of PSI in the chamber on firing. Before that happens, you need to use a press to force the bullet into the case. If the bullet is not seated very firmly into the case, bad things will happen (the bullet could get stuck in the barrel, the chamber would turn into a bomb as the pressure has no where to go and parts of the gun could very well wind up in your skull. And just for good measure, im sure its illegal in most countries.

I would be happy to give the basics of firearms if anybody is interested, but it seems pretty silly offering since Wikipedia is so much smarter than me.

Good day.

Joe

• 2 years later...