The Irony of Randomness

Dubbelosix

How dare you. What nationality are you?

I am English,  English was not a study for me, it is a requisite. You don't get to preach to me if it is good English, unless you are an Englishman? Trust me, the English subject is not only requisite in house, but also in school. Please do not tell me how to translate my English into physics unless you have better methods, in which, I am all ears. 

If you are American and you think you speak English, then don't even lecture me on speaking English when you speak a bastardisation of it. You did after all come from the British colonies. 

But hey, to talk about that would just patronise your understanding of English, right?

Edited by Dubbelosix

7 minutes ago, Dubbelosix said:

You don't get to preach to me if it is good English,

Hyperbole will not alter the fact that I posted a line of your faulty text and asked for an explanation.

No one here is preaching, but you are certainly blowing a lot of hot air instead of simply answering the question.

As to your question, yes I couldn't be more English, since I was born within the sound of the Great Bell of Bow.

Edited by studiot

What faulty text? You've made up a situation you totally believe. I am telling you. I meant what I wrote. 

You're the one who started adding in faulty text's because you did not believe I was writing English.. I mean really, fuck off. How do you expect me to take that? I find that very insulting. 

Even an educated guess would even conclude I am from the British isles, from my own moniker. 

2 hours ago, Dubbelosix said:

2) The wave function can fundamentally show, that there could be an intrinsic over-reaching statistical field that could be governing everything. 

I asked if there was a typo in this line since it does not make sense.

OK so my both guesses as to its meaning were incorrect - all the more reason to have it clarified.

But as it stands, with the comma after the word show, it is faulty.

But this is not an English lesson and Science should not be a guessing game in meaning.

So please just establish your exact meaning.

i still asked you, what nationality you were?

Just now, studiot said:

What Scientific purpose does this serve?

What does any of your accusations before that serve? You got it totally wrong and you just admitted it? My response is not futile but expected with the ignorance of your statements. 

9 minutes ago, Dubbelosix said:

What faulty text? You've made up a situation you totally believe. I am telling you. I meant what I wrote. 

You're the one who started adding in faulty text's because you did not believe I was writing English.. I mean really, fuck off. How do you expect me to take that? I find that very insulting. 

Even an educated guess would even conclude I am from the British isles, from my own moniker. 

Oh dear. Here we go again. Being English is no guarantee of writing good English. (Just as well, or I would be out of a job.)

You may remember, I have asked you if you were a native English speaker before because some of your sentence constructions and word usage is slightly ... unusual.

2 minutes ago, Dubbelosix said:

And I told you there was no typo and you continued with your accusation I was incapable of speaking in the English language.

He made no such accusation. He simply asked for clarification about the meaning of a sentence. This is similarly to what set you off before.

Yeah, trust me, you don't have a leg to stand on either. You have a past experience with me which makes this totally bias - you don't act like the other posters here I hold to regard. There is something about your knowledge which is lacking, and has fuck all to do with your nationality. I am still angry about that remark. 

And yeah, an attack on my ability to speak English, is a remark on me being English. 

site double posts deleted

It's a total red herring anyway and I am considering reporting both of you.

I've never remarked on someone's ability to speak in English and even in difficult cases made sure I never made arguments with them over it. I think its a horrible way to conclude the value of what someone may be saying. Seriously, maybe you've done this in the past as a tactic to argue your way through something.... I find it .... not very tactful. 

Edited by Dubbelosix

20 minutes ago, Dubbelosix said:

There is something about your knowledge which is lacking, and has fuck all to do with your nationality. I am still angry about that remark.

The post counter now stands at 33 and all that I have gathered so far is that you dislike preaching and that you wish to discuss something to do with probability.

Some might observe that you have actually done a great deal of the former and very little of the latter.

Preaching? Is this what you call this?

To be honest, I found your accusation I am incapable of speaking English insulting and annoying. Especially when I am English and it is a requisite in every respect. Can you maybe understand that? I understand you are not English, but at least have some empathy over the fact, I am English and saying I cannot speak my own language, is an insult. 

Of course, I see all sorts of languages, variations of the English language, and I am tolerant. Maybe, if you are American, you will call me a snowflake. 

Edited by Dubbelosix

Please, your comment was as insulting as mine. In fact mine was a statement of action, not one directed personally, as you did. My response was borne out of your own actions. I have feelings too... I passed my English exams and studied aspects of it, you would not have. I do not have time for people who say things like this to me, I have seen it happen to other people on forums and never approved of it. 

Edited by Dubbelosix

Also, strange has not answered my question, to get this back on track and stop pretending we have such subtle feelings. Your statement was a shock and nothing more. Move on.

2 minutes ago, studiot said:

If it's not faulty, then you should have no difficulty explaining what you said.

But you have so far declined to do this.

really, you want to continue this? Go get my quote and tell me where I went wrong.

I'm tired of this, let's drop it. If not, fine, quote away and tell me what EXACTLY what you don't understand. 

Edited by Dubbelosix

really, you want to continue this? Go get my quote and tell me where I went wrong.

I didn't say you were wrong.

How could I?

I explained at great length that I didn't (and still don't) understand what you meant by your words.

Pretty clearly I want to discuss the intended meaning and no other.

or any incapability of me talking the English language

I didn't say you were incapable of talking, or writing the English language.

I said that one small (but very important, perhaps vital) part was not quite right, so I wanted to make certain that I had understood it correctly.

What isn't right? Go back to your own suggestions of what words should be inserted where and tell me if any of it made sense to you, because it made no sense to me my friend. 

Seriously, you and the last poster strange have avoided the questions like it was the hell of Mordor. Or Mordred? ;)

6 minutes ago, Dubbelosix said:

What is it, in other words, in my use of my language is confounding you so?

You wrote the word  "show" 

I asked you if you meant slow (which means something in the interpretation of Heisenberg)

or  "be shown", since you followed a transitive verb with a comma.

The only use I know of for the comma in this situation is to divorce the verb from the phrase or clause that follows it.
This means that you did not provide your transitive verb with an object so I asked if you meant to use the passive voice, which would then make it correct.

Edited by studiot

Why would I put in the word slow, where you would put it? I look back and it doesn't even make grammatical sense. 

Hold to that thought because this could have been an innocent question, except... you don't seem to realise questioning someone's ability to speak English, could actually be offensive to someone borne in Leeds? lol... This forum has had many surprises. 

And I mean that in a good way. I have learned quickly about how to trend here.