Dark Energy

MikeAL

I've posted two topics this one and one on Dark Matter on a few forums and everyone seems to go quiet. They don't do it with my other ideas and I can't figure out if it is because it is rubbish or because I have something. I'm guessing you guys are the experts, so please indulge me and tell me why these two posts just can't be right.

Post 1

·         Dark Energy

The previous post spoke about the inwardly curving gravitational space.
It is not unreasonable to assume that if space can curve inwardly into high density regions, it also curves outwardly into low density regions (an inward curve and an outward curve). In fact, in true wave fashion, they both must exist. Imagine flopping onto a half-inflated mattress, the depression you create is offset by the rise in the mattress around you.

“Intergalactic space takes up most of the volume of the Universe, but even galaxies and star systems consist almost entirely of empty space.”” [ 
quote ]
Data indicates that the majority of the mass-energy in the observable universe is a poorly understood vacuum energy of space which astronomers label dark energy.” [ 
quote 2 ]

“ Independently of its actual nature, dark energy would need to have a strong negative pressure (acting repulsively) like radiation pressure in a metamaterial to explain the observed acceleration of the expansion of the universe. According to general relativity, the pressure within a substance contributes to its gravitational attraction for other things just as its mass density does. This happens because the physical quantity that causes matter to generate gravitational effects is the stress–energy tensor, which contains both the energy (or matter) density of a substance and its pressure and viscosity. In the Friedmann–Lemaître–Robertson–Walker metric, it can be shown that a strong constant negative pressure in all the universe causes an acceleration in universe expansion if the universe is already expanding, or a deceleration in universe contraction if the universe is already contracting. This accelerating expansion effect is sometimes labeled "gravitational repulsion". [ 
quote3]

This negative pressure is somewhat contentious. In its strictest definition it has been implied to be in the very fabric of space itself, leading to all sorts of confusion in my opinion. Nonetheless, this contention is fine, so long as we realise that the fabric of space is the Gravitational wave.

When we examine the gravity wave, we see that in addition to its gravity trough, it also has a crest. The crest rises above the height of the midline – the position it would be at if there was no wave.

While gravity in the form of matter and Dark Matter inhabits the troughs, I suggest that Dark Energy represents the crests. The midline would represent the place where gravity transitions to Dark Energy, and begins pushing back against the trough- an opposite direction.

This opposite pushing effect may be described as a negative pressure. Because it is a crest and not a trough it may also be considered anti-gravitational in nature. The crest, being antigravitational also aids in the clumping of matter, preventing it from spreading evenly throughout the universe.

When we examine the geometry of a crest we see there is an outward expansive force in two directions: forward and backwards. However, in a disrupted wave that has broken into an interference pattern, such as we noted in the previous post on Dark Matter, the expansive forces become multidirectional – or pan-directional. Outward expansion is its natural direction. It would have a resisting effect should space be compressed.

“it can be shown that a strong constant negative pressure in all the universe causes an acceleration in universe expansion if the universe is already expanding, or a deceleration in universe contraction if the universe is already contracting. [ 
quote4 ]

When we examine both the gravity crest and trough together we see they both exert an outward expansive force. However, gravity is pushing from a trough and Dark Matter is pushing from a crest.

The way spacetime geometry is configured, gravity- the trough- because of its ability to concentrate matter and forces becomes high density space (see the stress-energy-tensor later on), and therefore Dark Energy -the crest – is low density. To include the same overall -mass/energy equivalent, expected of a wave, Dark Energy, being low density space, would need to take up a lot more room. This is seen in the images of the superclusters and intergalactic space posted earlier – the cosmic web.

Thus we must pay close attention here to a divergence in understanding. The gravitational crest is widening spatially so maintain the energy value of the gravitational crest. Thus, it is possible for the crest to contribute a substantially greater geometric push to spacetime while maintaining an energy integrity consistent with the waveform. From this we can see the true gravitational wave that is spacetime must be energetic and not spatial, although both exist.

This is on par with conclusions we reached when we said the universe is expanding to draw out the energy value in matter via entropy. Space and Energy are in different reference frames (or dimensions).

The expansion of the universe is a spatial expansion. It is this push that is occurring as the crest red-shifts (widens) against a trough also red-shifting (widening). That is the universal push and why it seems ubiquitous. As both crest and trough flatten, the horizontal vector component of the push increases, and we observe a universe expanding at an ever-increasing rate.

It must be remembered that the gravity trough and crest are diametrically opposed in terms of the forces they exert on spatial geometry- accounting for the mysterious attributes ascribed to Dark Energy. Both will want to flatten their part of the wave up to the midline. At the midline though the forces reverse.

Entropy
I feel it would be remiss to explain the redshift of the gravitational wave in terms of space without some reference to entropy.

"While the amount of mass loss is negligible, it isn't zero, and it has an effect on Earth's orbit. As the Sun loses mass its gravitational pull on the Earth weakens over time. As a result, Earth is receding slightly from the Sun." 
quote5

Even black holes experience entropy through black body radiation. Entropy causes a decrease in gravity through the loss of energy.

According to a GR reference frame, Entropy, by decreasing gravity, would affect the geometric curvature of spacetime- Specifically it would make spacetime less curved.

We can also arrive at this conclusion circuitously by looking at Gravitational Fields and the Stress-energy Tensor.
"The stress–energy tensor [sic] is a tensor quantity in physics that describes the density and flux of energy and momentum in spacetime [sic]. It is an attribute of matter, radiation, and non-gravitational force fields. The stress–energy tensor is the source of the gravitational field in the Einstein field equations of general relativity, just as mass density is the source of such a field in Newtonian gravity." 
quote6

Choosing to work backwards, if gravity is declining due to entropy, then that will be reflected in a weakening gravitational field. If the source of the gravitational field is the stress-energy tensor, then entropy must be affecting the stress-energy tensor. If the stress-energy tensor describes the density and flux of energy and momentum in spacetime, then entropy must be affecting the density and flux of energy and/or momentum in spacetime.

Gravity is a high-density region of space. The density of spacetime must therefore be decreased by entropy. Decreasing pockets of high density space where gravity exists must make space more uniform (less bunched)– therefore entropy can be considered to have a space flattening effect.

We also see matter draining into “The Great Attractor”. At the distal fringes as matter moves translationally in the direction of this energy sink we can expect to see an unfolding of the space curvature. As space unfolds, either due to entropy or movement to “The Great Attractor” (or the equivalent of), it will create an expansive push against the dimension of spacetime, contributing to the expansion of the universe. This is because a rising trough/corridor will displace its previous vertically orientated trough walls into the horizontal plane. This movement will be opposed by the crest, which wishes to push its walls into the centre of the trough.

It can be speculated that as mass gathers in The Great Attractor, a black hole will eventually form, from which Entropy, through blackbody radiation will eventually dissolve it (as previously stated).

As an interesting aside to do with the trough and crest of Dark Energy: If you don't like the idea of filling an energy value in the wave form, you could argue the asymmetry is temporal. You could suggest it arises due to gravity slowing time in the trough. The lack of gravity in the crest would similarly speed up time. When we calibrate against a standard time, we get the asymmetric wave.

To eliminate the need for the external energy comparison against which the gravity wave is trying to re-create itself - the container - it is possible to argue the geometric forces of the wave as well - its need for symmetry - as a restorative driver. In this scenario the energy of mass is being pulled out entropically as the stronger geometric forces seek to restore the wave to its symmetric (equilibrium) shape.

Such asymmetry, it could be argued arose at the time of the Big Bang fundamentally due to the self-restraining action of gravity.

This is a very long post with a large number of misconceptions. As it is so long, I hope you will forgive me if I just pick out a few of the more obvious.

1 hour ago, MikeAL said:

It is not unreasonable to assume that if space can curve inwardly into high density regions, it also curves outwardly into low density regions (an inward curve and an outward curve). In fact, in true wave fashion, they both must exist. Imagine flopping onto a half-inflated mattress, the depression you create is offset by the rise in the mattress around you.

Firstly, it is not space that is curved, but space-time. This is important because it is the curvature of the time dimension that is mainly responsible for the effect we perceive as gravity.

It is not accurate (or even meaningful) to describe this 4D curvature in terms of inward or outward.

Finally, trying to intuitively understand or reach conclusions about GR by way of analogies such as half-inflated mattresses is doomed to failure.

1 hour ago, MikeAL said:

Nonetheless, this contention is fine, so long as we realise that the fabric of space is the Gravitational wave.

The "fabric" of space is (or can be) static. Gravitational waves are unusual and very, very small. (Actually, smaller than that.) So the idea that they could have the effects ascribed to dark matter or dark energy is implausible. You would need to do the math to come up with a convincing argument for this.

Vague statements like "While gravity in the form of matter and Dark Matter inhabits the troughs, I suggest that Dark Energy represents the crests. The midline would represent the place where gravity transitions to Dark Energy, and begins pushing back against the trough- an opposite direction" are not convincing.

When we examine the geometry of a crest we see there is an outward expansive force in two directions: forward and backwards. 

No there isn't. Otherwise waves would not be stable.

The rest of your post is too vague to really say much about. (Although the mods will probably move this to the Speculations forum where a lot more rigour is required.)

1 hour ago, MikeAL said:

I've posted two topics this one and one on Dark Matter on a few forums and everyone seems to go quiet

I suspect because you are "not even wrong" and there isn't much to say about it.

11 minutes ago, Strange said:

I suspect because you are "not even wrong" and there isn't much to say about it.

Yeah, sorry, I need you to do better than that if you want to criticize it. Sayings it's bad because it's bad, or its just not convincing to you, doesn't really help me see where its weak. I could just get the green grocer on the corner to tell me that. I've come to this OP because there are a lot of people who have the calculations and the deep understanding of this subject who can steer me right.

Saying space is actually 'space-time' is a no brainer, and saying that there is not a geometric force that can cause the expansion of a wave is simply incorrect. I have noted the difference between two type of gravity in my OP and am suggesting one that has not been considered. Saying that because it hasn't been considered it is therefore wrong is a little meaningless. Thanks for you effort, but I would like constructive comments with a little more depth. I do expect this to get torn apart, at least to some degree.

Just now, MikeAL said:

Saying space is actually 'space-time' is a no brainer, and saying that there is not a geometric force that can cause the expansion of a wave is simply incorrect.

I didn't say either of those things.

1 minute ago, MikeAL said:

I have noted the difference between two type of gravity in my OP and am suggesting one that has not been considered.

Then you need to produce a mathematical model of these two types of gravity and show how this fits the evidence. Without that, no one is going to take the idea seriously.

2 minutes ago, MikeAL said:

Saying that because it hasn't been considered it is therefore wrong is a little meaningless.

And I didn't say that, either.

3 minutes ago, MikeAL said:

Thanks for you effort, but I would like constructive comments with a little more depth.

There isn't much depth to your assertions to criticise. I have pointed out a few things that are factually wrong. As the rest is built (loosely) upon this, there is little chance of it being at all useful.

!

Moderator Note

Moved to Speculations due to non-mainstream components. Please read the special rules for this section, and support your arguments as much as you can. 

It would also aid discussion if you would deal with questions rather than dismissing them as shallow. That should make them easier to answer. 

No need to respond to this modnote, but if you object please report this post and another staff member will help.