MS Office 2016: chapter distance before paragraph

Function

Hello everyone

Ran into a new problem formatting the thesis I will be writing:

post-100256-0-60037700-1488122287_thumb.png

post-100256-0-96088600-1488122290_thumb.png

The distance before the chapter heading "CHAPTER 7" respectively "CHAPTER 8" to the border of the page, is not equal. Why is that? In the paragraph options, the distance is equal. So why is there a discrepancy in distance?

It classically happens in chapter headings after a new part. So what I do is, I make a new section on an odd page and there I put, in the middle of the page (perfectly aligned in the vertical middle):

"PART I

INTRODUCTION"

Whereafter I insert another section ending with start on a new odd page so that the chapter will start on an odd page. All parts and chapters begin on an odd page.

The decreased distance between "CHAPTER X" and the top of the page occurs in every new chapter after a "part title page".

Does it have something to do with the lay-out of the part title pages, being vertically aligned in the centre?

Can someone help me on this one?

Thanks.

F

EDIT: the problem seems to disappear when I insert a hard enter between the part title and section break

Now it is

"PART I

INTRODUCTION

---SECTION BREAK---"

instead of

"PART I

INTRODUCTION---SECTION BREAK---"

But, porque?

Edited by Function