The rapid or fast feeling of time today.WHY??

Randolpin

I teach my students everyday.Every moment of motion,time still goes on.Whether you feel good or bad time still ticks and tacks.Now has anybody also experience that time seems faster than what it was in the past?The days are passing by quickly as well as weeks,months ,years and so on...

I think subjective pace of time is down to how varied your life is from day to day. When you are young things are new and fresh, and your knowledgebase is constantly being updated with new information and experiences. As you get older the rate at which you experience/absorb these becomes less frequent and when you get into about your thirties one is usually in a firm life routine. Everyday is pretty much the same, interspersed by the odd interesting, tragic, happy etc i.e. memorable, experience.

When you say "Blimey,, it only seems like yesterday when..." you are forgetting about the mundane, routine periods in between the memorable moments and life, up to that point you have this thought, seems so much shorter than it actually was.

If you feel this way a lot it's time to start proactively doing things that are likely to be memorable; break up your routine and time will seem slower because you have more memorable things packed into any particular period of time of your life to look back on; your life will seem more fulfilling and interesting when you look back.

There may be a biological element involved where your metabolism slows down with age and, hence, everything around you seems to move/happen more quickly than when you were younger but I think my first comment is the major factor.

Edited by StringJunky

I think subjective pace of time is down to how varied your life is from day to day. When you are young things are new and fresh, and your knowledgebase is constantly being updated with new information and experiences. As you get older the rate at which you experience/absorb these becomes less frequent and when you get into about your thirties one is usually in a firm life routine. Everyday is pretty much the same, interspersed by the odd interesting, tragic, happy etc i.e. memorable, experience.

When you say "Blimey,, it only seems like yesterday when..." you are forgetting about the mundane, routine periods in between the memorable moments and life, up to that point you have this thought, seems so much shorter than it actually was.

If you feel this way a lot it's time to start proactively doing things that are likely to be memorable; break up your routine and time will seem slower because you have more memorable things packed into any particular period of time of your life to look back on; your life will seem more fulfilling and interesting when you look back.

There may be a biological element involved where your metabolism slows down with age and, hence, everything around you seems to move/happen more quickly than when you were younger but I think my first comment is the major factor.

Thank you for your insights.I appreciate it.I also read a website which is also related to your answer.

By these scenarios,is time only the result of perception or really a real entity?

Edited by Randolpin

Thank you for your insights.I appreciate it.I also read a website which is also related to your answer.

This is one thing only age and experience can teach you: the necessity to keep your life interesting. The journey is more important than the destination. Interestingly, it seems to me, that achieving financial stability, fulfilling career ambitions, having family and all the other things that go with that success can make you older in your attitude and behaviour compared to someone of the same age who has yet to achieve those things; the latter is still on that journey...

Edited by StringJunky