The Arrow of time and time-master control conclusion question

Randolpin

Time has an arrow.Like a river, it flows in just one direction which is towards the future.My question is,why time has an arrow towards the future.Are there unknown laws of nature which is responsible for this?Is entropy the right or exact answer?Or just pause a moment.....

What if time itself controls the laws of nature.For example, time is real and an independent entity it controls all the laws of nature.A glass breaks but if the arrow of time is reversed it will back again into it's original shape.Meaning time can affect the laws of nature.So by this analogy,I have a question conclusion.Is the arrow of time an independent characteristic of time itself or there are unknown (or known if entropy is right) laws of nature which cause the arrow of time?

Insights are much accepted and very well appreciated.Thank You To All Of You!!!

There's lots of other threads on this. I started one myself recent and got hooked lol.

http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/100751-questions-about-time/

My summary so far:

Nothing in the universe has been observed or even modelled to go backwards in time. Nothing in quantum mechanics, nothing in cosmology, nothing in theories like string theory or super-symmetry.

So if there's no backwards in time (negative time), there's no meaning to forwards (positive time)

Onwards is the only "direction" for time to go apparently.

Time is about measuring change.

Theres' Time Reversal Invariance, which is: for simple collisions time makes no difference if its "forwards" or "backwards".

I'm trying to argue that time might not be linear over time. I can't get my head around this thought myself though

That's about it as far as mainstream physics go. The rest is in philosophy section.

Edited by AbstractDreamer

Theres' Time Reversal Invariance, which is: for simple collisions time makes no difference if its "forwards" or "backwards"...

It is a bit more than this - time symmetry is intimately linked with energy conservation. Noether showed that every conservation law has a parallel symmetry - these are fundamental to how we understand physics. When entropy, thermodynamics, heat loss etc become involved (ie real world) then there is only one way we can envisage time flowing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noether's_theorem

As i have stated numerous times on this Forum, there are 2 ways for describing the flow of time.

1. It is like a river, as you said. Time flows over you.

or

2. Time is a substrate like Space is. Time does nothing. Time does not flow, Time is a receptacle inside which you are flowing.

I believe that concept 2 is more correct than concept 1.