Negative Spacetime Curvature

geordief

Are there examples of Negative Spacetime Curvature?

Is it a term that only applies to the universe as a whole or are there local regions when spacetime curvature is negative (I think there are local regions where it is positive -such as planetary systems and galaxies?)

Might it apply to the interior space left behind by an explosion such as a supernova ?

as far as I know you would need anti-mass.

Keep in mind in Cosmology universe geometry isn't the same as curvature in GR. In GR curvature reflects the time component. In cosmology it is the expansion/contraction tendency due to total density vs critical density.

In the latter case time dilation isn't involved.

Edited by Mordred

as far as I know you would need anti-mass.

Keep in mind in Cosmology universe geometry isn't the same as curvature in GR. In GR curvature reflects the time component. In cosmology it is the expansion/contraction tendency due to total density vs critical density.

In the latter case time dilation isn't involved.

Is anti mass a purely speculative phenomenon unlike anti matter which has been experimentally verified?

Anti -mass ,if it existed would lead to anti -gravity , would it?