Parameters and standards

Haya

What is the required-to-determine parameters for the test of a water turbidity coagulant? And what are the standards for a coagulant practice?And what are the differences between compliance monitoring, performance monitoring, and control process in wastewater treatment? With references, please...

Thanks in advance...

Edited by Haya

Is this homework/coursework?

Even if, I find it very demanding.

This is a scientific research that i am doing to enroll a competition, i am just 16 years old so i need some help, please..

This is a scientific research that i am doing to enroll a competition, i am just 16 years old so i need some help, please..

OK so it is still work you are going to claim as your own.

However we also want to encourage interest in science and engineering so I will start some help in this way.

post-74263-0-56446700-1477944198_thumb.jpg

In engineering we very often use what is known as 'black box theory'.

That is we draw a box around something and do not worry what goes on inside, just consider the inputs and outputs.

So for our wastewater plant in the black box, can you fill in the words represented by question marks and then think about the following questions.

The water enters the plant in one state and leaves in another. What other inputs or outputs might there be and what does that have to do with the states of the water?

This will lead to the answer to your first question about turbidity.

Can you list the different groups (of people) who are interested in what goes into or out of the plant (or both) and what there interests might be.

This will lead to the answer to your other three questions.

OK so it is still work you are going to claim as your own.

However we also want to encourage interest in science and engineering so I will start some help in this way.

attachicon.gifwastewater1.jpg

In engineering we very often use what is known as 'black box theory'.

That is we draw a box around something and do not worry what goes on inside, just consider the inputs and outputs.

So for our wastewater plant in the black box, can you fill in the words represented by question marks and then think about the following questions.

The water enters the plant in one state and leaves in another. What other inputs or outputs might there be and what does that have to do with the states of the water?

This will lead to the answer to your first question about turbidity.

Can you list the different groups (of people) who are interested in what goes into or out of the plant (or both) and what there interests might be.

This will lead to the answer to your other three questions.

Thank you so much! I got benefit of that!

But please, what is the difference between Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) and total heavy metals? And the coagulant should remove both of them in addition to the organic matters, shouldn't it?

Excuse me, may i ask you a question out of this topic? Why gases separation by density is high-cost? Does it require high energy/temperature for separation process?

Edited by Haya