Asian calamity

Chatha

What's going on with Japan and the republic these days. Last I heard both had a feud over some oil laden territories. China is too resourceful and I wonder who would win If they had a military feud with the Japs. If there is a third war I bet It would start from Asia, those guys just won't seem to waste any time. What's anybody's take on North Korea's position? And will Iraq eventually become the new Isreal in the M.E?

Hmm, I personally, think that China moving on Taiwan is

about a million times more likely than China attacking Japan.

I've also seen some of the Japanese warships, it may be a "Self Defense Force" but the Japanese seem to have chosen the most flexible interpretations of that when they've been able to.

Japan may not be a miltary superpower, but it has a formidable miltary capability and is by no means a 'soft target'.

Their lack of force projection capability wouldn't be a huge problem if

their opponents were coming to them.

Cheers.

Guest tartar

I don't think that there will be a war between Japan and china. CHina is growing at fast pace and will be a major world superpower in a few years. I even foresee the falling of communism

It's a subjective term. I don't view China as a "superpower" at this time because (and this is based entirely my own definition) they cannot yet project military force outside of their region, their economy is too dependent on foreign participation in several key areas (particularly their energy infrastructure, e.g. their reliance on foreign oil), and they have a vast labor pool that's still living in the pre-industrial age. But there's really nothing standing in their way from fixing all of those problems over a relatively brief period of time.

But it must also be said that China is completely re-writing the way in which we perceive power, and may redefine the very notion of a superpower before they are through.